 Events / 951
Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 04:43:05 GMT

In lugnet.events, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:

Do you think the idea of a Brick Fest/Con happening so that all seasons could
have an event to suit local Fans and potentials, plus the possiblitiy that a 5th
Largest could occur in one of your territories as the 5th Mighty Spur of the 5!

Eric & All -
I just want to clear up that BrickFest(tm) is a trademark of Brick Events, LLC.
They're keen on not seeing their trademark diluted, and rightfully so - since
they've put in an incredible amount of effort over the past four years to build
up BrickFest(tm) to what it is today. Please respect that.

From what I know, the license of the name BrickFest(tm) to the PDX event is a
one-time deal, and future uses of the trademark will need to be approved for
each event. The very fact that they even considered this licensing shows a lot
of trust built up in those involved with the PDX event.

-Tim

OMG - Please oh please tell me we are not going to go down this road again. This
is something that really irks me in such a major way its not even close to being
funny.

We are *very* aware of the (tm) and nobody is trying to hurt anybody, Maybe it
should be taken as a compliment people try to strive to reach the same level as
BF has.

And BTW, this is the *very* reason I was not happy with the BFPDX name – one
time shot or not.

*sigh*

I am very disappointed this has come up again, and know that since it has risen
it will probably not end for a long time and every other word on Lugnet will
have a (tm) thrown onto the end of it for a very, very long time. Not saying its
wrong or you have no right to do it – but I am saying its very annoying.

oh well, life shall continue(tm)

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

Mark P