 CAD / 11094
Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:21:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Krass wrote:

While not exactly geared towards animation, Blobman for POVray uses a format
that might come handy for poses (specially using minifigs). Those poses could
then be made into keyframes, with POVray using the clock to calculate the
"in-betweens". Ideally, this would be accomplished via some kind of GUI-based
program that then fed the data into povray ... which is sort of similar to what
LD4D does.

http://objects.povworld.org/cat/Nature/Humans/

Just a thought.

Thanks for the link.
I downloaded and ran this program.
Very cool.
Looked at the codes and I think I can get this to work for minifigs.
Wish me luck.

I am so excited about this.
I went thruogh the program and discovered arrays and how they work.
This is just a start.  I am just learning like most others.
Try it. Enter the pose you want at the top of the file. They are described.
Here is the pov file. (needs brickshelf review)

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=72219>

This is going to make the timing of complex animations much easier for me.
now I need to figure out how to calculate the arrays easier maybe an excel file.
The array can be seen at the top of the file also.

Comments
Steve