 CAD / 11102
Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:09:16 GMT

For instance, the keyframer or animation module should also be able to
interpret pre-defined poses. That way making animations could be as easy • as
picking between several pre-defined choices.

OK, now I'm getting excited too. This is great!

While this certainly has its possibilities, I'm not overly excited yet. An
animation is a film, and "picking between several pre-defined choices" would
pretty much take all life out of it. It's great for "mechanical" animations
like Steve has been showing us, but when it comes to telling an extra story
this may get too limited.

Stefan.