 CAD / 11087
Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:07:19 GMT

I think that you have great ideas.

I feel that ld4d modeler is on the right track.

What I envision is some kind of spread sheet listing each moving part
(arm,leg,head) where you can enter a value for each frame.

(ex. a dump truck has a bucket.  at frame 1 it will be at 0 degrees and in frame
10 enter 45 degrees.  Then the other frames will be calculated in between.  Make
frame 20 go back to 0.  The bucket will tip up and down)

adding standard items requires clear definitions for items like a minifig arm,
left leg,  right leg, etc.  then We can just load a walking spread sheet or a
running spread sheet and the figure will walk or run.

The hard part is interfacing with pov-ray and it only has one clock variable
that I know of.  So i have to calculate 20 different moving parts based on one
variable.  (lots of math)

I am not a programmer but I think this can be done.

Comments welcome
Steve Krass