 Year / 2002 / 127
Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:10:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Rich Manzo writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Matthew Gerber writes:
This is EXACTALLY what I said would happen!
(http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=1609)

The only thing left open by the article is if LEGO will continue the line
with new names, but that's not very likely seeing as names in contention are
main characters and all.

I am so ticked off about this I can't even type anymore.

And rightly so.  Shame on TLC for cowtowing to such complete and utter BS.  God,
how much longer will this total BS "PC" climate last?????

Maybe they are trying to avoid "hurting the feelings" of some tribe
somewhere, but perhaps they should consider the hundreds of thousands of
kids who will be disappointed that their favorate toy will be gone.

Somehow I think the kids will get over it -- BIONICLE is _so_ 2001.[1]

In the meantime some of you might like to read the following,

http://www.culture.co.nz/reo/timatanga.htm

or even do a google[2] search for the following:

Mataatua Declaration
Indigenous Cultural Property
Treaty of Waitangi
"te reo Maori" language taonga treasure

--DaveL

[1] http://www.fbtb.net/2002/06.jpg
"The Quest": An amazing story of the unlikely teamwork that builds between a
bunch of Digimon and Gohan from DragonBallZ as they search for a legendary
Danish animé smash-hit series that was inspired by too much He-Man and some
Polynesian cultural traditions that a bondage loving [3] marketing exec
found in a book he was given once. Together they must collect over 300
different plastic tokens that retail for forty times their production cost.
(Figures sold separately.)

[2] http://www.google.com

[3] You can call them "Masks of Power", all I'm going to say is "Bring out
the Gimp".