 Technic / Bionicle / 1715
1714  |  1716
Subject:
You oughta be glad!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:52:40 GMT

No more Bionicle?!  Be still my breaking heart!  That means TLG might have
to get back to the business of making sets with bricks!  What is the world
coming to?!

Seriously, cultural appropriation is not something to be treated lightly.
Having taken some classes at SF State on Native American culture, I was saw
the potential for offense in the Bionicle theme from the very beginning.
Matthew, you should consider taking a few classes on foreign cultures, you'd
be surprised how often this happens and how degrading and insulting to the
specific culture the appropriation can be.

Knowledge is never a bad thing.

Dave