 Technic / Bionicle / 1650
Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:28:06 GMT

Maybe I can sue LEGO over the Jack Stone line, since the name is obviously
borrowed from the Anglo-Saxon "ethnic culture" of which I am a member. I am
sick and tired of LEGO's piracy of Anglo-Saxon intellectual property. I
mean, where elso did they get the name for set 4601, Fire Cruiser (English
for fire cruiser)?

-Marc Nelson Jr.

Maybe the Lakota and Cheyenne people should sue Lego for using Native
Americans in some of their playsets. Widen the scope and go after Playmobil,
too.

And Japan should definitely review the cultural sensitivity of the Samurai sets.

And the Wiccans and Pagans should sue for a more respectful treatment of
their culture, than the representatives in several Lego sets, including
Harry Potter.

This sort of retroactive senstitizing could go on for years. What fun!

I wonder if there is someone who could claim the brick as a cultural symbol
and carry this to an extreme.