 Technic / Bionicle / 1635
Re: CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 05:06:23 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Matthew Gerber writes:
This is EXACTALLY what I said would happen!
(http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=1609)

The only thing left open by the article is if LEGO will continue the line
with new names, but that's not very likely seeing as names in contention are
main characters and all.

I am so ticked off about this I can't even type anymore.

Uh...

I am reeling.

Surely there was a better solution somewhere in the middle.

Is this why the video game was cancelled last week?

Time to go into denial. Yes, serious denial, and I am not even a Bionicle
collector! Of course, there are zillions of Bionicle already shipped, and
early next year Lego will issue a revised product line with the assistance
of bold, fearless Maori storytellers working in Billund! Maori children will
get basic bricks and Mindstorms, bridging the "Digital Divide"! Everybody
will feel wiser and kinder, and Maori will get a lot of money and buy SUVs!
Indigenous tribes the world over will hire lawyers, suing Hilary Rodham
Clinton for stealing the idea of "it takes a village"!

Or maybe both parties should just end it all now. Sometime in January, Kjeld
can explain it all at leisure, and Lego can try to find some strategy to
find its way.