 Trains / Train Organizations / 344
Re: Great posts( was Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:00:22 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

This outcome of having regional clubs in different regions is GREAT for
GATS, it means that they can if they want to, have LEGO layouts at many
of their shows without having to pay for cross country travel by one
club.

I hope GATS decides to do this, we almost always had a crowd at our table.
Greenberg is also very interested in getting more LEGO layouts into
their shows.

But clubs are, and should be, about more than trains.

WAMALUG is off to just an amazing start. I think it would be useful to
have some of the members comment on factors that they suspect may have
helped, as it's info that the rest of us want to have available to us as
well.

I am amazed at our amazing start as well, we came a long way since August.
Here's a short list of the causes of our success(in no part. order).
-All of the clubs/user groups have inspired us and helped tremendously,
especially the PNLTC and GMLTC in the early days when we were still a
train
club.
-Our proximity to the LEGO Outlet is a big help, we gained a lot of
membership
through chance meetings there.
-We should thank the NGLTC for referring the Greenberg Shows to us.  Having
two shows to do in two weeks motivated us.
-the availability of a meeting place in Rosslyn, VA that is sorta-central
to all of us.  Close to Metrorail, interstates, buses, etc.
-LUGNET- what can we say about it that hasn't already been said.  Thanks.
-gaining a member in sept that forced us into motion(she said, "I'm
joining your club, I have a lot of LEGO, and we are going to meet here
at this time and you all are going to be there)
-our "All-Day-Plays"-  we meeting somewhere around 9 or 10 am, build and
play all day, realize around 7 or 8 pm that we haven't eaten, eat, play
some more, clean up the lego, talk till midnight or so.
-all of our members

There's probably some more factors  which I'll let the rest of the club
discuss.  I have to go the a meeting.

-Chris