 Trains / Train Organizations / 334
333  |  335
Subject:
Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:06:32 GMT

Why has there been such apathy towards Wamalug's train shows?  In the past
month, there have been a total of nine messages from non-members about our
setups.  There has been absolutly no discussion, no critiques, and very little
praise.  Do you all just not care?  Does everyone think we aren't good enough
to even deign to speak to us?  Heck, we've even mentioned (twice) we
successfully had DCC in our setups, and there is hardly a peep.  I've seen tons
of messages asking how to do it in the past year, and when it *is* done, no one
cares.  I'm sorry, but since there seems to be no interest, I am seriously
considering discontinuing these types of posts.

Jeff

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Stembel writes:
As you may've heard, WAMALUG displayed a layout at The Great American Train
Show held over the weekend in Gaithersburg, Maryland.  It was a *huge*
success, and we tied for Third place (out of seven or so).  We had one of the
largest crowd draws, with some people hanging around for hours or revisting us
a number of times.  Anyway, some of the major highlights of the show included:

~ Digital Command Control of the trains!  This was fun, allowing us to
individually crash, er *control* the trains, even on the same loop!
~ Larger layout!  It was 120"x160", but this time we had a 120"x200" layout!
~ Motorized Crane!  Not only was it motorized, It like to do aerial
acrobatics!  Like, falling over...  ;)
~ Attack of the 50 foot Minifig!
~ Rich Schamus' Blue Streak and Citrus Express!
~ Long Metroliner!
~ People saying it was the best layout at the show!
~ The double wide Train Bridge!
~ A kid offering to buy my Castle!  After he was told it wasn't for sale, I
decided to price it at $40,000.  :)
~ The elevator in Rich's Tower plumeting to the bottom, eliminating the
annoying protesters on board...  :)

Pictures available here:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=189> (Kevin's pics)
<http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/lego/pics/GATS/index.html> (Dan's pics)
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/zigdon/Wamalug/GATS> (Dan's pics)

Have fun!

Jeff
Announcement God and Founding Member of Wamalug <http://www.wamalug.org>
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/

P.S.  Our website is still down, we'll let you all know when it is back up...