 Trains / Train Organizations / 1402
Re: Pic: New Green Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:32:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
snipped

What WAS my intent (and this gets at the poster  from GFLTC who said "this
doesn't matter to us, it's just fun") was to explore some of the parameters
and decisions and style points... WITHOUT casting aspersions on any
decisions that anyone has taken or might take in the future.

Let me start by saying that I apologize if it seemed as though I was
attacking GMLTC or any other group. That was the furthest from my mind. I
was simply trying to put forth the idea that this is supposed to be fun and
from the thread so far it seemed as though there was a lack of fun.
Hopefully that is not the case. I got the chance to meet John Neal when he
was on vacation in Florida. He seemed very much like a fun guy to me. He
came by and saw our layout at H&R Trains. I'm sure he would admit that we
are all about having fun. Some would say too much fun. I personally say
there is no such thing as too much fun. Sure, your going to have
organizational issues from time to time but its the approach to them that
matters. In our display we had a castle theme that ran into a Great Wall of
China theme, then to a train yard, to an ice world and then into a city
scene. All of this with train track looping all around. It was great. I
understand fully that every group has there own ways of doing things. I just
hope that FUN is still the centerpoint.

The whole idea is to have fun.