 Trains / Train Organizations / 1396
Re: Pic: New Green Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
As an aside, contrary to what folk might think, the decision for
the GMLTC to go 8 wide had nothing to do with me.

WHAT??  Is this a case of history being written by the victors?

You lobbied for MONTHS about switching to 8-wide...  You brought over
several train cars you had built 8-wide, you even brought some to shows,
knowing they wouldn't fit on the old layout.

We finally put it to a vote (La Crosse, March 2000), and that's when the
decision was made final.

So saying the decision had 'nothing to do with you' is more than just a
little inaccurate, you silly man...

J-1, GMLTC