 Trains / Train Organizations / 1397
Re: Pic: New Green Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:31:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
Scott Holcomb wrote:
With all due respect to all parties involved, I don't understand what is
going on here.

Hey Scott-

Let me just jump in here and say that the GMLTC is unique in a few ways.
First, since we are solid modules of bricks, everything must have an exact
place, and usually that will not change for the life of the layout.  The
GFLTC and other LTCs are much more flexible in terms of what can and can't be
included on a layout.

A minor addition:  If we make our buildings using a 'standard' footprint, it
will allow us to mix & match them a little bit, so perhaps our town might
get re-arranged between (or during!) shows.  The way the town is currently
"planned" (a word we *always* use lightly, because things always change!)
only a couple of buildings will always be in the same place.  The train
station, for one - since it sits above the subway station, with a stairway
going between them.  Most of the other buildings should be able to be moved
around.

The buildings that John Neal has brought over have so far been larger than
our desired footprint.  That's where most of the fuss has been.  We also
want to keep them below a certain height, but like I said in an earlier
post, I've already built one that's taller than the height limit...  (doh!)

John 1, GMLTC