 Trains / Train Organizations / 1379
Re: Pic: New Green Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:53:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
But whether or not my structures end up as a part of the layout or not
isn't my concern.  They all will fit in nicely on my home layout:-)

??

Why the talk, even in jest, of starting letter writing campaigns, etc., then??

Well, it is more of a philosophical argument, really.  I am coming from more of a
model railroading POV, where buildings are merely facades and it's all about
*external* appearances.  Then there are those in the club who build a building,
completely detail the inside of it, and close it up so that it will never be
seen.  I'm not against detailing interiors, but am more interested in detailing
the exteriors.  I would rather finish all the exteriors and *then* move to
detailing the interiors.

Yeah, all the little minifig details are cool and everything, but to say that
large, detailed (but minifigless) buildings are invalid is wrong IMO.
Maybe in an ideal world you have both, but I don't have the time or energy to do
it.  And as it is, I am (again) a lone voice in the wilderness.

But as I finish them, I will let my buildings speak for themselves.

-John

++Lar