 Trains / Train Organizations / 1395
Re: Pic: New Green Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:16:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

..snipping..

See?  *You'll* get a variance cuz everyone likes you more than they like me!

We'll see what happens at our next weekly meeting.

Okay, I've had my fun online; I will behave now.

-J-2

Actually I was surprised that I was as open as I was with the buildings
you've done.  Especially since we had told you ahead of time that they would
be too big.  I'm not sure I'll like John1's any better.  I know I'd like
your building more if they had interior detailing.  Empty floors are boring.
That's the biggest (no pun intended) problem I've had with the stuff of
yours I've seen so far.  If that's a waste of time for you, then I see that
as a problem as I doubt we want to have your building mixed with Conan's
bricks to build out the interior, but to make this layout work there needs
to be a lot of boring building just to get to grade.  Everyone would rather
just do the parts they like to do, but that's why it's a team effort.

btw, I like you plenty.  I think one of your better strengths is your
stubbornness.  You claim to have no influence on deciding to go 8wide, but
as you remember it was not just Conan's decision, he asked for a vote.  And
we voted for 8wide due in no small part to your insistence that it would
lead to a better layout.  In the same vein, we have decided to build to a
playtheme mentality instead of a mini-land mentality.  Voted, decided, done.
Now we need to get building to make the October show.  Debate's been closed,
vote taken, moving on...

It may be John, that you are just a visionary and are never appreciated in
your own time.  But me, I've done my mini-land phase and have found I like
play theme better.

-john 3