 Trains / 7949
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:29:26 GMT

Hi James,

Have a good and safe trip!

Thanks!

I sure have.  Beautiful.  The crane looks very intricate and detailed.  The • red
and white locomotive is nice with its no-studs appearance.  I see you are not
afraid of stickers!  ;-)

That is ordinary paper, the red lines are made with MS Word overlapping sereral
squares. Than printed on a colour laser printer, cut out and fixed by
paper-glue (that will go off without any rests on the bricks!). You just
started off using "digial-stickers" - why not!!??

They sure do sound similar.  I believe that many of my ancestors may be from
region of Southern Germany, Switzerland, and France.  I do not know details
from what original spelling "Mathis" is derived.  Maybe "Matthes", but maybe
"Mathias", or something else...?????

Oh, i haven't worked out the history about Matt*** so fare. Ther are many
different but similar versions of Matthes used as family name: Mathes, Matthes,
Mattes, Matthis, ... Than there is the bible name "Matthaeus" which is Matthew.
But taht is a first name, like "Matthias". And there is a local specific about
the Matthias in the region i live at the moment. People here use "Matthes" as
nickname for persons called "Matthias". That caused some trouble when someone
asked my name and I said "Matthes" - No, not your first name, your family name,
please. - That is my family name, is said. Oh it's confusing.

All the best,
HoMa (that my "name" at the german 1000steine.de/forum - very easy: just use
the first to letters from Holger and Matthes: HoMa!!)