 Trains / 7942
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:41:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

Great, I saw that page (like all other pages on your LEGO website) before. I
just couldn't remenber that you allready managed to build a Talgo train. My
problem is, I have none of these pieces with the suspension inside ;-(( I have
to use rubber bands, will that work?

I use rubber bands on both my "BOB" and TGV trainsets.  I imagine rubber bands
would also work for a TALGO.

But first of all I have to get all my old LEGO bricks from my grandmothers
house in Berlin (its over 700 km away from Moenchengladbach)! But next week I
will go there, and meet BEN on half way through.

Have a good and safe trip!

Have you seen my first MOCs online? Check out:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=matthes

I sure have.  Beautiful.  The crane looks very intricate and detailed.  The red
and white locomotive is nice with its no-studs appearance.  I see you are not
afraid of stickers!  ;-)

Kind regards,

Holger Matthes ...from Germany (Doesn't Mathis and Matthes sound very
similar??)

They sure do sound similar.  I believe that many of my ancestors may be from
region of Southern Germany, Switzerland, and France.  I do not know details
from what original spelling "Mathis" is derived.  Maybe "Matthes", but maybe
"Mathias", or something else...?????

later,
James "Matthes" ;-)