 Trains / 7939
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:23:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Hi James,

again I am facinated by your latest train creation! The Acela looks really
good. What will Version II - VI look like??

I have a start on version II.  Pictures to come later today.

I also started thinking of building a whole train using the new S@H bulk-order
(if they will be available in Germany??) possibilities. The german
InterCityNight (ICN) came in my mind. The spanish company Talgo build the real
one and the the colours used in Germany are white/blue.

The Talgo has been a project of mine, as well.  I have seen an InterCityNight,
I think, stationed in Milano Centrale(spelling?) in Italy.  It was destined for
Barcelona, Spain.  The passengers bording looked to be ready to "party" ;-)  If
I recall correctly, that trainset was dark blue with a yellow stripe?  I could
be very wrong.

Check the following
links for some pictures:

The Maeklin model (very small pic):
http://www.maerklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/bild/41771.JPG

A real pic: http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/de/car/night/NZ_Talgo1.jpg

Thanks.  Couldn't access the "mercurio" link.  Hmm...sometimes that site
doesn't load for me.

Modelling the doors I might use the blue ones tapping white tape on top?

I see that others seem to use tape over doors with good success.  I'm not very
craftly, and my attempts to use colored tape seem to turn out ugly.

A good challenge will be the 1 axled bogie! Just dreaming...

I have that dream, also.  Here is my result from several months ago:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/talgo.html
This trainset no has one more car than shown in the photos, so the trainset is
from one end to the other:
1) locomotive
2) interface passenger car
3) 3 passenger cars