 Trains / 7935
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:49:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jim Rorstrom writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Upon seeing the S@H gray train windows and doors sets, I immediately began
thinking "Amtrak Acela".

<snipped links to Acela photos>

I am wondering if anyone else has thought of, or is working on, modeling the
Acela. ...
later,
James Mathis

James Mathis

Absolutely, now that real train windows and doors are available!  This is
an answer to my post of 1 year ago (Trains / 2365).   I see the
possibilities.  (It doesn't look like 4561 would be very helpful for an
Acela project, however.  I still haven't bought the thing.) .  Version #1
looks great.

Jim

Hmmm, if I had more 1 by 2 wide by 3 tall trans-light blue thin wall windows
(like the 4561 has), I would seriously consider using the same window
technique as in  Masayuki Ogura's (Nyanta's) Japanese high speed train
SHINKANSEN (oops, call him "Masayuki"- just saw that on his web page!)
http://www2.justnet.ne.jp/~mogura/nyantalegotrain.htm
and my Cisalpino
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/cisalpino.html

I would make the following change:
Instead of a 1x2 black brick between each window, I would sandwich a gray
1x2 gray plate between two 1x2 black plates...or maybe some other
combination to give a black border around the window with a gray section
separating each window....

4561 is also a great set for roof slopes.  But, they're white.  I see the
Acela cars needing a gray roof.  I don't know what the best source for gray
slopes would be.
For other (general) passenger car creations, are black slopes still
available from S@H?
For an Acela, I think a white roof would look better than black roof, but I
still prefer gray....

I would love to see someone model the angled side panels of the Acela
passenger cars.

later,
James Mathis