 Trains / 7940
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:00:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
I have a start on version II.  Pictures to come later today.

...hardly can't wait ;-))

The Talgo has been a project of mine, as well.  I have seen an InterCityNight,
I think, stationed in Milano Centrale(spelling?) in Italy.  It was destined • for
Barcelona, Spain.  The passengers bording looked to be ready to "party" ;-) • If
I recall correctly, that trainset was dark blue with a yellow stripe?  I could
be very wrong.

I haven't heard about the dark blue one with yellow stripes. But that doesn't
mean there is none! I meant the german version used by the "Deutsche Bahn".
That one is white, the windows are covered dark blue and there is a light blue
line under the windows (between blue and white).

Modelling the doors I might use the blue ones tapping white tape on top?

I see that others seem to use tape over doors with good success.  I'm not very
craftly, and my attempts to use colored tape seem to turn out ugly.

Come on, building such acurate LEGO models you will be good in fixing tape to a
train door!

A good challenge will be the 1 axled bogie! Just dreaming...

I have that dream, also.  Here is my result from several months ago:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/talgo.html
This trainset no has one more car than shown in the photos, so the trainset is
from one end to the other:
1) locomotive
2) interface passenger car
3) 3 passenger cars
4) interface passenger car
5) locomotive

Great, I saw that page (like all other pages on your LEGO website) before. I
just couldn't remenber that you allready managed to build a Talgo train. My
problem is, I have none of these pieces with the suspension inside ;-(( I have
to use rubber bands, will that work?

But first of all I have to get all my old LEGO bricks from my grandmothers
house in Berlin (its over 700 km away from Moenchengladbach)! But next week I
will go there, and meet BEN on half way through.

Have you seen my first MOCs online? Check out:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=matthes

Kind regards,

Holger Matthes ...from Germany (Doesn't Mathis and Matthes sound very
similar??)