 Trains / 7948
Re: High Speed Trains-Photogallery Link-LEGO Acela v.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:16:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

Well, it isn't version II.  More of an incomplete color study.
I'm not sure what color badging I like the best...or more (hopefully) matches
the real-life Acela HSEL locomotive.
Here's the work in progress:

I just looked at the original picture again. The beginning of the roof just
over the front window seems to by black. So your Version1a is closer at that
part of the model.

Any comments or suggestions on how to best approximate the nose and other
contours in shape and color to the real-life Acela will be very welcome.
Thanks.

What about building a more tapered (hope that word is the right one..) nose in
plain white. Use just a 1x2 tile to fix the left and right arched-piece
together? Or that one with one centered stud, putting a 1x1 tile on top?? That
will mean also to make the bent-parts a bit longer? [Oh, it's hard to explain
in English and having no pictures... Hope you get it right?]

These are just some ideas... I thought about modelling the nose of a german ICE
3. That's a big challenge. But I will try...

The grey-blue-grey roof-line is very nice worked out!!

Go on ...

Holger