 Trains / 6652
Re: New train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:20:52 GMT

Tom Cook wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu>
Newsgroups: lugnet.trains
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: New train MOCs

Wow, weird.

I reread my message, and I hope you didn't think I was challenging you. • When
you said that they like the high hood design I did not know that you meant • that
they liked the high hood design for no other reason than they wanted it • that
way; I thought that you meant that they liked the high hood design, but • that
you were not sure why.

nope.  and I hope I didn't seem harsh in responding (not my intent at all).

Nope, I didn't think your response was harsh. I took it as you meant it, just
general info.

I also didn't mean to challenge you.  Just trying to relay general info.

The "I think I am right" part of my message was just for the tall nose to • make
room for a steam generator statement.

I believe you are right.  Many earlier diesel designs came in both freight
and passenger versions, and the passenger versions included steam generators
in the high short hood.  GP-7 and GP-9 for examples.

Chris

P.S. Maybe they did have a steam generator under those hoods even though • they
were freight...you know, so the conductor and the engineer can have hot • tea ;
). (My first emoticon ever)

lol

Tom Cook wrote: