 Trains / 6766
Re: New train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:25:48 GMT

I do not have spings, so I was trying to avoid a design that would need
springs. Would you use the springs to hold the coupler in the locked or
non-pivoting mode and when the train went around a curve the spring would
allow the shaft to come out of the channel and pivot? The advantage I see
to the spring is that the spring would ensure that the coupler slid into
the locked position, where as simply using the backward motion may not
guarantee that the coupler slid into the locked position.

chris

James Powell wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Cook writes:
YES!  I know this has been done in model railroading, so it should be
possible in LEGO too.  I look forward to a successful design, Chris.

How about the spring blocks like in 4559 for the crossing gates?

Would they work?

James