 Trains / 6628
Re: New train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:18:53 GMT

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
news:397CB609.952CFB25@uswest.net...
Great work, Tom.  I like the layout of your page-- very clean.  And great
looking MOCs.  You are too good for 6 wide (come to the dark side;)

Tom Cook wrote:

I just updated my page with some new train MOCs.  Please take a look and
tell me what you think.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/

New creations include:  EMD GP38, EMD SD40-2

I found the high noses on your EMDs interesting.  Are you working from
specific pics?  I wasn't aware of high nose versions in these make (when I • see
high nose, I think GP-9).

Yes, I worked from prototype photos.  Southern Railway liked high nose
units.

, Wide Vision Caboose,

I like the caboose, although your posts are way too thick.  Even at 14 • wide I
used flex tubing for mine-- would probably look okay at 6-8 wide too.

hmmm....yes.  I will try that.  Thanks for the idea.

Centerbeam Flat, Coil Car, Front Runner, High Cube, Hopper, Stock Car, • Twin
45, and Wagontop Box Cars.

Nice variety.  You are raising the bar, as Lar would say, for 6 widers-- 8
wide, too, for that matter:-)

Thanks.

-John

Some of you may have already seen glimpses of these MOCs in the pics
(http://www.peeron.com/pics/Chantilly/) from the latest www.WAMALUG.org
exhibit.