 Trains / 6625
Re: New train MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:33:04 GMT

Great work, Tom.  I like the layout of your page-- very clean.  And great
looking MOCs.  You are too good for 6 wide (come to the dark side;)

Tom Cook wrote:

I just updated my page with some new train MOCs.  Please take a look and
tell me what you think.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/

New creations include:  EMD GP38, EMD SD40-2

I found the high noses on your EMDs interesting.  Are you working from
specific pics?  I wasn't aware of high nose versions in these make (when I see
high nose, I think GP-9).

, Wide Vision Caboose,

I like the caboose, although your posts are way too thick.  Even at 14 wide I
used flex tubing for mine-- would probably look okay at 6-8 wide too.

Centerbeam Flat, Coil Car, Front Runner, High Cube, Hopper, Stock Car, Twin
45, and Wagontop Box Cars.

Nice variety.  You are raising the bar, as Lar would say, for 6 widers-- 8
wide, too, for that matter:-)

-John

Some of you may have already seen glimpses of these MOCs in the pics
(http://www.peeron.com/pics/Chantilly/) from the latest www.WAMALUG.org
exhibit.