 Trains / 26163 (-100)
  A double crossover

Hey all, About 2 months ago now I was challenged/ asked to make a double crossover. While I thought this project would be difficult I had no idea how long it would take me. In total I have between 20-40 hours of time invested in the double (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  GFLTC at the Scale Rail Train Show - Nov. 26-27, 2005

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner robinw A-T gfltc D-O-T org FORT MYERS, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the Scale Rails Holiday Train Show this November 26-27, 2005 at the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: Turtle Creek Baldwin VO1000 switcher

(...) Steve, I just noticed the front truck, and I have to comment on how much I like the steps and the hand rail. Nicely done. The engine is a nice engine too, and the stripe does look nice, though the stripe doesn't really make the LEGO engine (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Stretchtop' rotary gondola

(...) Will there be a mini engine to pull these little cars? Cant wait to see more of the tank cars. Dave www.GPLR.org (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MDT Plymouth Switcher in Burlinton livery (Red and Gray)

(...) Hey Steve, Your switcher got a "Hey, that looks nice." from my son. Your model was competing against Scooby Doo, so it had to be good. I like it too by the way. Chris (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Stretchtop' rotary gondola

(...) It looks interesting, but it really needs to be longer. Chris (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC fourth annual winter show at SDMRRM starts Tuesday

SCLTC returns to the San Diego Model Railroad Museum for club's fourth annual winter show starting the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and running through Saturday January 14, 2006. The show will feature: A double tracked under and over cloverleaf Over (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Opening Door

Dear all, I was looking at the pictures of (URL) 7893> today and noticed that it's doors open by using droid arms as hinges. I wondered if such a technique could be employed in a train an found that yes it could... but with limitations. My first (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: 3x1 curved slope available in dark bluish gray

(...) Do you know which one it was? [LEGOSet 8657] contains two in light bley and [LEGOSet 8655] contains four in black as well as two red and two white Slope Brick 45 1 x 1 x 2/3. A great set for parts (see (URL) inv>), even if you do end up with (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) snip (...) Wow! Awesome work! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) Hi, Mat, A Coaster version will be nice. Thanks for the compliment on the design. I will be selling instructions. I'd like to sell the Rail Runner version of the instructions since I am acquiring the license for their livery. The acquisition (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  3x1 curved slope available in dark bluish gray

I bought one of the new $3.99 level racers this weekend and happily discovered that it come with two of these parts in dark bluish gray: (URL) I believe one of the $9.99 level racers sets comes with two as well. I am glad my patience paid off. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Dude, you are a SNOT psycho... and that's saying a lot coming from (URL) me> ;-). I had a look at those BI and I'm still shocked! Good job with those teeeeny offsets! I'm impressed. Legoswami (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) There is now an MPD and POVray render at the bottom of (URL) the page>. You will need LDraw files for (URL) Big Ben Bricks wheels>, which can be found (URL) here>, and possibly also some unofficial LDraw part files from the parts tracker. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

--SNIP-- (...) As promised, I've done a number of renders of this train now. Some text can be found on the (URL) MOCpage> and pics in the (URL) Brickshelf gallery>. (URL) (click the pic for a full scale image 1280x1024 or (URL) here>) Hope you like (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Yes. I left them 1/5 stud out as the real one. Plus, they're 1 plate shorter (10 instead of 11), so the lower edge is at the same height of the orange line. (...) I noticed it, since they all end with 72xx and not 72xxx... ;-))) But I agree, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Oh, nice work. I understand now your second proposition. You seems to be a fanatic of smooth surfaces without any hole! :-) For the vents I notice you used tiles grid. I thought about using these parts, but I wanted to use the plates 1x8 with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) James, these models rock, If I wasn't already working on a San Diego Coaster version, I'd be strongly tempted to buy one of yours. Do you plan to sell instructions seperatly? Mat Clayson (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

(...) This is a big issue in the model train industry right now. Most fallen flags have become the property of other railroads as they aquier the defunct railroads. A good example is the Union Pacific. Which aquiered the Western Pacific and (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Reverse engineering is fun! :-PPP here is the link: (URL) alternatively you can download the .ldr file and let mlcad generate the images on your computer, offline... I redesigned your loco eliminating all the tiles' grooves and making it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Janey, you are right. When you're right, you're right. So. I will accept your trade offer, I will offer my thanks. I will also forward your address on to Tim, in the UK, to have him send you that VERY LOVELY slightly used, open box, ZNAP set. With (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Oh! I think it will be difficult to reverse-ingeeniering my loco, since there are a lots of parts assembled in many ways. But congratulation if you succeed! If you are enough patient, I promiss to make the MLCAD soon. Bye. (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) As Alexander said (and as someone else who has also used the Moscow Metro), you really did capture the look very well. Even the burned-out lightbulb is an authentic touch. Just looking at your render brings back the hideously loud sound of the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [Press Release] Upcoming BayLTC Train Shows

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - Below are the details for the upcoming appearances of the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC). ---...--- Sunday, December 18, 2005 to Sunday, January 15, 2006 Museum of the American Heritage 351 Homer Street Palo Alto, CA (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC models at LEGOLAND this weekend!

Members of the Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) will display a large cityscape at LEGOLAND California on Friday November 12, 2005 during the finals of the 2005 Brick to the Future Contest. The contest is cosponsored by The LEGO Company (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) There are no much traffic (if any) in loc.ru, so I do not think it is fatal :) (...) Yes, please send me MPD file. The final instructions are not required. I think I will able to explore the model in MLCAD. (...) Will be glad to help! Just let (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Alexander, I can't believe I forgot to X-post to .loc.ru. How stupid of me! Thanks for your comments, I am glad to know I captured the look decently. If you would like I can send you the MPD file for the Metro train. I'm thinking (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) (snipped) (...) (snipped even more) Tim, as eye-witness (I live in Moscow Region and travel by Moscow Underground/Metro from time to time) I must say that: 1. Your render is fantastic! It's very nice by itself, but because it is really like (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

--SNIP-- (...) I suspect that recreating a livery out of bricks would be very hard to prosecute as it is an artistic interpratation rather than a direct copy of copyrighted and/or trademarked intellectual property. That said, it would probably (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: SNIP (...) I'm hoping LEGO Train Factory will soon make this wish come true. Anyone have an estimate of when that will be coming along? (...) Again, thinking about LEGO Train Factory, what if we aren't allowed (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

(...) For train livery perhaps, but I don't think it's the first AFOL license deal ever. (URL) Skyline Chili> dates back a few years. It does sound like your license is a lot broader than mine was, though. (...) Thoughts? I think you should pursue (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Late night in the Moscow Metro

Hi all, Recently I've become quite interested (a little addicted might even be more accurate) to Russian trains and Soviet architecture. Both have their own unique traits and styles which appear pretty much nowhere outside the former Soviet Bloc. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

(...) Thank you all for your input regarding the livery of Rail Runner and Brick Built Trains, the signature autograph, and target audience. I have decided to acquire the Rail Runner license. I am currently working with MRCoG to finalize the (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Really cool-looking model. In motion I imagine it is even better. later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Alban, I'm MlCADding your loco with some modifications and with that row of side snotted tiles you don't like. It's a huge work (700+ parts) and I'll show building instructions within 12 hours. I'm pretty sure you'll find them interesting (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Hi Bryan this is Megan, Thanks-I love these colors (lime green, teal, trans neon-green etc.) that's what I like to build with. It's sad they are not making teal anymore, almost as tragic as the old gray going! For me every Lego piece is (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Hi Paul-This is Megan Thanks for your great feed-back and interest in my Tragon! I'll have to look in the an LDraw file-however my system is on it's last legs so it won't let me use LDraw right now. I will see what I can do when I get a new (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Any chance of an LDraw file?? I'd buy it in a heartbeat to go with my yellow/red dragon train. Name your price. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLTC/BAYLUG (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) That is way cool. Looks much better than the one I build. (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Wow it looks really good! I really like the colour scheme (because it uses pieces in colours that I would never know how to use - the lime green, teal, etc.) and all the curved pieces help hide the "boxiness" of the "train cars". There are (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) Spolighted! Thanks for sharing Megan's stuff- get her to build and post more, that's really pretty! (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

(...) This is really cool. It's nice to see Lego stuff built by people who are not into the hobby (as I assume is the case here) and come up with some original and cool stuff. I've been "in" the hobby for years, but I've never built something as (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...

This is the first online moc by my girlfriend and photographer Megan Rothrock. (URL) moderation: (URL) post any comments! Mark. (for Megan) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events.legoworld) !!

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Wow! I'm very honored to have a comment from the brilliant Lego train Designer, aka James Mathis... Thanks a lot James and Gianluca for your help about the front of my loco. Like you, I didn't like the stud of the 1x2 SNOT slope brick, and I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) Yeah, I'm a little sticker-shocked right now with my purchases to get all the parts for six complete sets! I think a lot of us are willing to shell out a lot of money for our own MOCs. Different story when it comes to buying someone else's (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Very nice! And works for less than 8-wide. later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Very good work, Alban, with one of my favourite electric locos (it was the loco in my first Lima toy train...) I have a slightly better solution to James' modification: (URL) and the exploded view: (URL) And yes, James, that slope also exists (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) James, That is a great model, but I am not your target audience. I love the set, I just can't see spending that much on a train. I say this knowing that I have probably spent almost that much on the trains that I have built myself, but it (...) (19 years ago, 9-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

--SNIP-- (...) To be honest I toyed with that idea myself for The Ghan and was swayed more by laziness than generosity. I think that both are worthwhile. In some ways I think releasing custom kits and instructions is actually more beneficial to the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Photo of Train MOCs in local newspaper

Following the recent Birkenhead (UK) model railway show, at which we exhibited our small layout (12'x6'), the exhibition manager sent me the photo that appeared in the local free newspaper, the Wirral Globe: (URL) layout is top right and the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) Tim, I'm glad to see your recent public posting of instructions for the NR 75 Ghan. It really gives me pause to think about where our LEGO train hobby is going and how well we are doing sharing ideas and growing in our creativity. I am torn (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Alban, I was inspired by your SNOT work on the windscreen to try to use the new 1x1x2/3 slope in replacement of the 1x2 45-deg slope that is either-side of the front windscreen. In CAD, it looks like this: (URL) Notice the 1/2-plate offset (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Indeed, the front is very well done! I love the orange triangular bib. (...) Yet, stacked very well with good texture and relief. (...) Regardless, a really nice 8-wide with lots of nice little details. Great model! later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Thanks a lot. Yes, that was quite difficult to design. Of course there was several versions and in fact one day I had to rebuild the loco entirely to remove 2 plates in height because I found it to high. The middle of the loco is ashamedly (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) I forgot something crucial! The above prices include a train motor ($25), speed controller ($42), 2x curve track boxes ($26), and 1x straight track box ($13). Maybe it makes a differnce to us LEGO Train fans to not buy all these running gear (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

In lugnet.trains, Ben Fleskes wrote: (snip) (...) Regarding signatures - You might want to ask Tommy at brickengraver.com about that...he can engrave your signature on a brick, and I think that could be a nice touch! Overall,I am really impressed (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) To jump in with a "me too", I think that having your signature somewhere is an excellent idea. Your SF cars say designed by James Mathis, not by Brick Built Trains. Tim (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) First - excellent work James. Your well of creativity runs deep. Good Questions. I think there is a market for $500 - $1000 LEGO train sets. But at that point, I think you additional (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB425 - yet another raytraced train

(...) Thanks. There are four Australian units in my BS gallery so I'm not sure which one you mean. As for the ldraw, that model is one of the few I've designed as a shell only (I usually make them fully buildable from the start) so I can send it to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB425 - yet another raytraced train

(...) Very nice. Both this and the Australian unit are great models. Would you consider sharing the DAT file? (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) That is a very impressive loco and very detailed. The front end is cleverly done, and I expect it would be difficult to do in 6 wide :) Congrats. (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

I would appreciate your feedback to help me with a decision. Not for sale...yet...an announcement and decision to be made. Inspired by the upcoming (URL) New Mexico Rail Runner> (scroll to the bottom of the page to see an artist's illustration of (...) (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  New Loco MOC

Hi, I'm pleased to announce my new loco MOC. It's a BB72000, a very common french locomotive. (URL) Of course it's a 8-wide loco :-) I used the 4 differents gray (light-gray, light-bluish-gray, dark-gray and dark-bluish-gray). As a curiosity, the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  London Underground Battery Locomotive

Hi all, I've finished the last of my LU trio. (URL) Full details here: (URL) David (19 years ago, 6-Nov-05, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Steve B. contact info change

Steve Barile recently had to change his email address and can't currently post to LUGNET, so he asked me to forward his new email address. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Ipswich Train Show 2005

(...) Good question Mark and it has taken us 4 years to finnaly get a large percentage of them on side and not just classing us as "toys". But that doesn't mean we are accepted in the "train" fraternity?? In Queensland they (AMRA) (Australian Model (...) (19 years ago, 5-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ipswich Train Show 2005

(...) Looks good! Nice to see more Lego layouts at model railway shows! I see you're using curves spaced out with straights. We were at Birkenhead, UK with our 8mm scale small layout last weekend. What response do you get from model railway (...) (19 years ago, 5-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  'Stretchtop' rotary gondola

Latest in my line of small cars is this covered gondola used to transport processed 'dryrock' phosphate... (URL) and criticisms are welcome, -HRH (19 years ago, 4-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ipswich Train Show 2005

(...) --SNIP-- The gallery is finally moderated and can be found here: (URL) are a couple of animations at (URL) well. Lookin good. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) it seems to me that it's 300, at least for the "Duplex" version. This (URL) source> talk about 300 also for "Atlantique" and "Réseau" versions. Concerning the number of trailers, TGVs are mainly 8 cars configuration (about 200m lenght), and (...) (19 years ago, 2-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A very fast TGV

Hello, I would like to comment a bit on the speed calculation for the TGV. BTW a very impressive TGV release by Xavier Viallefont. In fact we should apply the scale factor to estimate the speed of Lego trains and compare to the "real world". To ease (...) (19 years ago, 2-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  LUCNY to show at the New York State Fairgrounds 11/5, 11/6

LUCNY will be in attendance this weekend at the Central New York chapter of the National Historical Railroad Society’s 31st Annual Train Fair at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York. This venue contains 150,000 square feet (!) of (...) (19 years ago, 1-Nov-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) Oh yes, sorry :-) It's because I usually take the TGV PSE. (...) Oh don't forget to warn us of your new version. (...) Yes maybe one day :-) (19 years ago, 1-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) Thanks for the kind words. From looking at this site. (URL) can see that the TGV Atlantique has 10 cars, 3 1st class, 1 bar car, and 6 2nd class. I have looked at tons of pictures to try to get the right amount of cars. :P At over 10-ft long (...) (19 years ago, 1-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) On the video the train had 3 cars and 2 locos but the whole MOC was designed with 5 cars and 2 locos. The real TGV is always compound of 8 cars (and 2 locos) numbered 1 to 8, but usually between Paris and Lyon, there are 2 TGV trains fixed (...) (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Fw: Re: Re: A very fast TGV

(...) AFAIK he has 5 cars. Two for each extremity just behind the engine, and three shared trucks car, among them a "bar - restaurant" one. Erik "BrickErik" Amzallag created one car based on a real Technical car that was used to make measurements (a (...) (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) As one of the biggest fans of the TGV, its great to see it going faster. :P I would like to know more about this MOC. How many cars do you have for it? Do you have more pictures of the train. How fast can you make the train go around the (...) (19 years ago, 31-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A very fast TGV

(...) Truely. I built a high speed train model some time back, but I never dared try that level of over voltage. Looks cool though, even if the sound of the electric motor shrieking like that made my teeth curl :) JB (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  A very fast TGV

Hi, Have you ever try to put 22 Volt in a regular 9V regular Lego train motor? Xavier Viallefond (BS galery here: (URL) was not affraid to make this experiment during our last Exhibition in Claix (France). As an electro-technician teacher he built (...) (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gottwald AMK 1000t mobile crane

I Disagree. Many models *require* a high resolution pic to properly view all of the details. If hi-res and low-res are available that's fine, but I for one am tired of seeing great models and layouts ruined by low-res junk pics. "Ross Crawford" (...) (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) I gotta hand it to you, the renders look great! Thanks for sharring! I'll also have to thank the good people of Jchat for their inputs and beneficial modifications to the overall design. Thanks to teh ~ROSCOhead for doing 'THE GHAN' Decals, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  DB425 - yet another raytraced train

Hi all, A while back I asked here about identifying a certain train that I'd seen in Koeln. It seems I may have had the wrong picture (it was tiny) but the answers certainly helped me find the train I was after: a DB 425 EMU. I started this project (...) (19 years ago, 29-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AMK 1000t mobile crane

(...) Hi Ross, sorry about the picture size, I did not even think about this problem. I will look at resizing them. Sorry everyone. My father in law is a machinist, so he fixed the Bushing issue. He also made a metal shaft that fit the size of the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Red train front question

Thanks for the information, Larry. This is a neat and useful part. And pricey on BrickLink. And one can only wish LEGO made the part in Green or Brown... -- Bryan "Larry Pieniazek" <lar(at@at)miltontra...t.dot)com> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Well it looks great in render but a few small inaccuracies. The NR75 is actually named after Steve Irwin and has the name above the NR75 number. On the port side facing forward just back between the cab and the start of the Radiator canopy a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AMK 1000t mobile crane

(...) Hi Jacub, that's a really nice crane! I especially like the support vehicles you built for it, really makes it complete. Is the jib held on with rubber bands? Nice simple idea! Did you drill out the centre of the 1/2 bushes so they rotate (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NR-75 - The Ghan (The way it should have been done ;-) )

(...) Well, I wasn't quite satisfied with that render, so I had another go. (URL)(click the pic) a (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Turtle Creek Baldwin VO1000 switcher

(...) Although I'm not convinced that the white stripe looks like lettering I do think it makes a disproportionate improvement to the model, definatly a worthwhile addition. Good to see it in some better photos too although strangely the dark red (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MDT Plymouth Switcher in Burlinton livery (Red and Gray)

Hi All, Here's another switcher... A little guy that initally rocked my world. As the story goes: I haven't built much in the last few months (work getting in the way etc...) so I decided to try this small simple switcher for a one nighter. Well the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Turtle Creek Baldwin VO1000 switcher

Update... Hi All, I added a 1/2 plate white pin strip to mimick the lettering of the original decal. (URL) More photos at MOC Pages: (URL) My Moc Page> SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Gottwald AMK 1000t mobile crane

Here is a mini fig scale Gottwald AMK 1000t mobile crane. There was only one of these ever built. This Lego crane uses 2 micro motors, one running the main hook, and the second running the hold back line for the jib. The counter weight is made up of (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Red train front question

(...) The part was changed during production. There are two versions of the instructions, at least for the crocodile and I think for the 4563 as well. To the best of my knowledge this part was not used in any other sets, ever. Too bad, really, as it (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Red train front question

Can anyone shed some light on the red train front that came with 4563 Load & Haul Railroad and 4551 Crocodile engine? Peeron has two similar, but slightly different train fronts listed: Train front with what looks like a 4x3 opening (URL) front with (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto at the Toronto Christmas Train Show

(...) Just so everyone knows I talked to Jeremy last night. First of all he is still alive, second he had figured out when the show was on. Apparently there is a site were we post stuff like that. Anyway, he's all excited and ready to go for this (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  rtlToronto at the Toronto Christmas Train Show

(Without the square brackets...) Hello everyone! rtlToronto has been invited back to the Toronto Christmas Train Show! For those that may be interested, the show will take place at the International Centre (located at 6900 Airport Road, Toronto, (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Two new British MOCs

Hi all, 1 British Class 156 in Northern Livery Having recently gained myself a digital camera I finally took pictures of one of the few trains I've designed that don't have a full CAD version made. It's my rendition of a Northern Rail (the newest (...) (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Technic fig scale Swiss tram

(...) There is a colour pic (URL) here> and a the only pic I have found of a trailer (URL) here> There are also some more pics (URL) here> I guess I need to make the links more obvious on the MOCPage. Tim (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Technic fig scale Swiss tram

Very nice model! I first thought it wasn't LEGO but popping up the pictures I saw the studs. This model proves you can use any part for any MOC. The Minifig large windows are a nice solution and the benches looks very well also. Do you have a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Technic fig scale Swiss tram

(URL) Those of you that regularly surf Brickshelf will have probably already seen the pics, I have now written a (URL) description> at MOCpages. Sorry for the poor quality photos, I was going to take them again but haven't yet had a chance. PLMKWYT (...) (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !

  Reliable Switch Point Control with Pneumatics

Here's a reliable scheme for controlling unmodified switch points with pneumatics. This scheme is for use on track that is raised up off the baseplate in modules. I have reduced the depth required below the track to a minimum of 9 plates in the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact