 Trains / 26094
Re: A very fast TGV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:25:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:

   ... To go further on that discussion, the commercial speed of present TGV is 280 km/h,...

it seems to me that it’s 300, at least for the “Duplex” version. This source talk about 300 also for “Atlantique” and “Réseau” versions.

Concerning the number of trailers, TGVs are mainly 8 cars configuration (about 200m lenght), and this allow a 400m (about 1/4 mile) train formation : 1 engine + 8 trailers + 1 engine +1 engine + 8 trailers + 1 engine) which are very common between Lyons and Paris where the stations are long enough.

http://brickwiki.zapto.org/index.php/Image:Tgvd.JPG

TGV “Atlantique”, as David has underlined, is an uncommon 10 trailers configuration for a total of 238meters length and the “Eurostar” (and the Korean KTX) that goes thru the chunnel between Paris and London is a 1+18+1 configuration (394meters)

For english speakers, the best ressource concerning French TGVs : TGV (english)

Concerning the number of passenger, the higher figure is just below 1000 people....just try to put 1000 minifig in a LEGO model :D

   Philippe “frogleap” Label, FreeLUG member (too) :)

Didier Enjary