 Trains / 26088
Fw: Re: Re: A very fast TGV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:35:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Alban NANTY wrote:
Hi,

Have you ever try to put 22 Volt in a regular 9V regular Lego train motor?

Xavier Viallefond (BS galery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Vroum) was not affraid to make
this experiment during our last Exhibition in Claix (France). As an
electro-technician teacher he built his own power supply and try to boost his
TGV MOC. You can see the result in my brickshelf galery
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=151854, and here is the direct
link on the video :

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Banban/Exhibition/Claix2005/xavier_tgv2.avi

IMHO quite impressive!

As one of the biggest fans of the TGV, its great to see it going faster. :P I
would like to know more about this MOC. How many cars do you have for it?

AFAIK he has 5 cars. Two for each extremity just behind the engine, and three shared trucks car, among them a "bar - restaurant" one. Erik "BrickErik" Amzallag created one car based on a real Technical car that was used to make measurements (a grey one) - I hope he will post more about this car soon :).

Each complete train has 2 non-modded 9V motors.

Do you
have more pictures of the train.

Only one in my FreeLUG gallery

http://photos.freelug.org/v/6studs/claix/PA290158.JPG.html

How fast can you make the train go around the
corners?

The train can't go around the corners full speed but Xavier has recently updated the coupling in order to improve a not fully satisfying behaviour on corners.

some details in the Xavier's FreeLUG gallery

http://photos.freelug.org/v/vroum/Claix+Avant/

Dave

PS: Here are pics of my TGV. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7233

Didier Enjary