 Trains / 25763 (-100)
  Re: All plastic track

(...) Actually, hacking the rails to electrically insulate the track only requires sandwiching a tiny slip of paper in between the two sections you want isolated from each other. Tear away the excess, and mark the spot with a red plate (so you can (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions

(...) Hmm. Nice as that MOC is, your best bet is probably to pick up the Metroliner set for $150 from SAH: (URL) you have the Metroliner, modifying it to the engine style you want should be a good exercise in creativity for you and your son. To try (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions

(...) Pat, Have you tried LEGO factory? (URL) It has a limeted pallette of parts/colors, and the editor is a bit primative. But it's suppossed to be upgrading to an actua partl ordering sytem at the end of the month. With a train specific upgrade (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I'll second every thing John said above. I've already built a couple of small RC train projects. And I can't wait to hack the new system as well. I also apluad the idea of cheaper train sets (plastic track), as I already have a ton of curved (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Rootin' Tootin' High-falootin' MOC

(...) ggrrr ... Haha. I was about to post asking why this was in space! hahaha. Anyways, I like the general look the store. I'd love to see the finished town. -Lenny (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions

(...) Unfortunatly Ross' suggestion is probably the nearest you are going to get to what you would like. I have had the same problem with having to buy from multiple sellers. I think it is a problem that occurs more with train building than for (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A Rootin' Tootin' High-falootin' MOC

(...) I always thought Western town was a theme sorely neglected by AFOLs Look forward to the station! (thats what you get for posting to trains1) Tim (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Oooh!!! That would be nifty. Electrical blocks. Also could be used for cheap sidings, if the price is right. (...) Doesn't that not work because of the polarity switching? Like you say above. Or would you isolate it twice, so that you have one (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A Rootin' Tootin' High-falootin' MOC

(URL) The first in a new project, I'm starting. There are so many people making Medieval villages, and modern cities. And since I'm living in a wild west town now, I thought I'd try my hand with a western town. I hope to have a whole little town set (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions

. . . (...) Sounds very interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanx Rosco. pat (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts for building from MOC instructions

(...) Hi Pat, You could try the latest version of BrikTrak (URL) still officially beta, but generally works pretty well. It allows you to import an MPD file, and produce an XML file of the parts list suitable for uploading to your bricklink wanted (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Parts for building from MOC instructions

Hi, My son (5) and myself and fairly new to the Lego world. We've built from bunch of Lego kits, including some relatively complicated e.g. the Santa Fe locomotive. And are looking to expand our horizons. I've discovered the following link: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I'd like to add a few of my own detail questions. A) How many channels will there be? There obviously needs to be at least as many as there are simultaneous running loco's on tracks else locos on sidings will keep waking up (since the switches (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I have some questions, too. I'm not a huge train person -- I own only two train sets -- but I'm aware of the 9V system's limitations. Would a 9V train have enough momentum to pass over a single section of plastic track? I'm thinking that the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) For the public exhibitions with model railway clubs that I've done over the last four years I haven't referred to "L-gauge" because no-one outside the Lego community has heard of it! Instead I have used "8mm:1ft scale" because that is the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Microscale train by hitahita-05

Hey all, Does anyone know who hitahita-05 is? I don't see any sign of them on Lugnet. Check out their great (URL) train>. (3 URLs) While you're there, check out their other galleries for more great creations, including this (URL) freighter>. (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Ehmm to put things into perspective : LEGO track : 21 Euro/meter Peco code 75 h0 track : 6 Euro/meter (about as "finescale" as it gets in Europe in h0 wrt factory track) Roco Line track with bedding : 9 Euro/meter So even for model (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I think Larry summed it up nicely. Little kids want to follow the train where ever it goes, so line-of-sight and very short range would be just fine. Remote control from one spot is more of an adult appeal thing and only becomes necessary when (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Retailers stock fan-created designs? (was: Re: All plastic track)

(...) <snip> (...) Really? Lots of questions for you about this: Are you saying that big buyers like Target and Wal*mart might be able to stock fan-created designs? Would TLG present them with a selection of fan-created sets from which to choose, or (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) How about Finescale L and Coarsescale L gauges :) Seriously tho I think L-gauge would be suitable for both, it only refers the track gauge, not the scale, and as they are the same... Tim (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Hey, they're expensive for me, £12 ish a pack! Tim (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Not a big IR fan either but one thing to consider about controllability is that perhaps this system will be more like a walkaround throttle than a wired one, that is, in many IR systems, you press the go button and the vehicle goes. Take your (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Actually, that's a very good point. I was using L Gauge to refer to anything that uses the track gauge (distance between rails, obviously) currently used for both the Play and Hobby trains. But I don't pretend to think that I should be (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee wrote: snip snip (...) Just to clarify Jake, will you be referring to both (Play and Hobby) as L gauge? That would make sense to me as they are all the same gauge. But it might confuse "real" train modellers - when we (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Personally I think the play train is a fantastic idea. It will be a great way to lower cost while providing opportunities for new parts, ideas and a new younger audience. Now some of you are worried about the death of the 9volt train set but (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

Jake- I haven't quite figured out why I am more concerned about the recent track announcements than most other LTC types I have spoken with. Certainly there's not much anxiety with SCLTC (and even some enthusiasm) as I check in with members. (That (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Sorry, not trying to be dense, I swear. :) Now, to be sure I understand... when you say "metal rail sets", are you referring LEGO Train sets (the big boxes) that include the metal rails AND a model all in one box? Sets like the High Speed or (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Actually, this may be the best thing in years for retailers. We're looking at ways that they'd be able to easily get sets from consumer creators like you, if they like your design. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Mike- My experience buying LEGO started only goes back 15 years. The Target buy occurred during the transition from 4.5/12V to the 9 volt system when I got 100 boxes of old track for $0.50 each. I haven't found any great Target deals at all in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I heard you the first time. I wish you would hear us. It "appears" that the metal rail sets are at an end. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I listened very carefully when you said that the track will still be available for many years, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Bryan- Right. I hope (and expect) LEGO Factory to be extremely successful. It's looks like a win-win for TLC and many LEGO builders (not so good for retailers and resellers). Clearly LEGO Factory will be as useful to train builders as to any (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Again, we're not "moving away" from metal rails. Metal rails will continue on into the future. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I would think that it is the market that TLG is/was trying to target (primarily 7 year olds - think 4561 - through tweens), not Train Hobbyists. $100+ is still a fairly large investment for some parents to make on present that potentially will (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego Train Factory - "preliminary wagon design"

In Jake's notes, (URL) mentions a "preliminary wagon design" slide. Does anyone have a screen capture of this? Bryan (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) When you say "prohibitively expensive", it's important to put it in context. If you're talking about a 5 year old getting into trains for the first time, metal rails are certainly expensive. If you're talking about a Hobby Train, then that's a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) OK, here's two I was *dying* to ask at BrickFest, but didn't want to take time away from the more "serious" questioners (i.e. - I'm not first & formost a train type). (1) What is the battery life goal? (2) Is the IR system potential compatable (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Ahhh ok I get what you're saying. Strange thing is, I did think to myself - what if Ted is actually referring to the individual 9V components themselves? -Bryan (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Joe- I wrote that TLC announced that it is "focusing" on a new "play train" system that will be widely available and that the 9V "hobby train" will be relegated to lego.com and S@H sources, My "observations" were based on what what was said (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

"Ted Michon" <ted@scltc.org> wrote in message news:ILC8Hw.1nKw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) TRU, or (...) presumably (...) was (...) trains (...) stuff at (...) (like (...) I suspect your $1k for $50 Target deal is one of the key (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Joe- Most of the train stuff we have ever bought was on close out at Target, TRU, or the tent sale at LLCA. And the best deals we've gotten from BrickLink presumably originated from retails stores, not LEGO brand stores. Our best deal ever was (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Bryan- Ah, we are not quite communicating., I'm saying nothing good is happening with 9V train components, the stuff that handles 9VDC that makes the "hobby train" system as opposed to the "play train" system. Specifically, I mean motors, (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) First, to be completely clear about a very very important distinction - we're not "switching", we're "including". Plastic rails will not kill the metal rails. Metal rails will continue into the future. We are working on production process that (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I don't see how that's much different from the current situation, though. I have never seen a LEGO train set at TRU or Target, where I frequently buy other LEGO. For trains, I go to a LEGO store, or (around Christmas) an independent toy store (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Ted, I'm sure all of us will agree that 9V train stuff is expensive. That means most retail stores (apart from LEGO stores and independent toy store) will avoid stocking these items except maybe during the Christmas season. So you're right in (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I didn't attend that talk, but I did listen to it in MP3 form, and I didn't get that impression at all. I heard him say that they were introducing a new "play train" line, that would be in addition to the existing 9V and Duplo train lines. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Wong wrote:> (...) Bryan- It's difficiult to buy 9V train stuff now except from S@H. With the new play train out, it will be impossible anywhere except S@H (Jake did say that track would now be a lego.com item). And I (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Ted, I think you've read into this incorrectly. From my understanding, TLC's goal is to have TWO train lines - one for "adults", and one for "young kids" (to bridge the gap between DUPLO trains and 9V). TLC has (hopefully) learned from its (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  All plastic track

(Sometimes I think that if TLC announced it was closing down, the first post on LUGNET or elsewhere might be something like "Oh, no! That's really terrible! I've got to have 7 more 2x6 pink plates! Can't they wait until I find some on BrickLink?") (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NMRA/NTS-ILTCO show features on full length Satelite TV show

At the NMRA, Richard Einhorn, the host of "The Train Show", visited the ILTCO multiclub NMRA show during set-up and showtimes. He interviewed several members, and taped a lot of footage. The next schedule for season 3 has just been released, and it (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: What age gap?

(...) That's a good point. (And, if you're ever in the Fort Collins area, we should get our sons together; they'd probably have a great time.) (...) That's another good point! Thanks, - Joe (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Somehow, I don't think BBB wheels will be in the parts list for LDD Trains :) and, while the representatives from the LEGO company didn't say no to loooking into track geometries, no one thought to ask about steam drivers :( Chris (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What age gap?

(...) Joe, My son just turned five, and like your son, he started playing with my 9v trains when he was four. Nonetheless, I do not think our sons are typical; they both grew up in houses packed with LEGO trains. There are two ways one can interpret (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Tim (...) Thanks for the compliments. Except for the windows as ladders, basically every snot trick applies the simple 2x5 rule. Means that two studs in width are the same as a stack of five plates. About the next creation I can't tell right now. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Timothy (...) Thanks for the compliments. I think quite a lot of the details can be adapted to six wide as I am not using all the space between the two side walls to realize the different shapes. What will be more difficult or impossible to adapt (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Samarth (...) Thanks for the compliments. And yes, please feel free and use my ideas on your models as well. I even think of creating a building instruction with MLCad, as the respond to my creation is this overwhelming. But this certainly won't (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi ROSCO (...) Thanks! (...) Well, the idea with the windows is what I am most proud of on my model. I had that idea about a year ago but haven't used it in a model since then. (...) I agree, you're right about problems when attaching the couplings (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  What age gap?

I've heard much talk lately about trying to bridge the gap between preschoolers (Duplo) and older kids (9V trains) -- for example, the new "play train" line announced this weekend. I don't see this gap, though. My son is turning 5 soon, and he loves (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Announcing NWBrickCon 2005 Theme Coordinators

NWBrickCon 2005 is coming up on October 7--9 in Seattle. Registration is possible at (URL) September 9. If you plan to display MOCs or other displays, or have any related questions, please contact the appropriate coordinator (preferably by October (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western) !!

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

As, everyone else has said, you have fitted in an amazing amount of new tricks with bricks in one model, ans that model looks really good as a whole too. I'm definatly going to have to steal some ideas from it, and i look foward to the next one. Tim (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Beat, Very nice work! I love the SNOTtery for the windows (and everywhere else for that matter). I wonder how many of your tricks I can adapt for six wide. BTW, congratulations for making it two Australian trains in the sidebar. That has to be a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

SNIP wowowowowowow.... Amazing work. Lots of great little details, and unique usage of parts. I like the way you did the numbers with the hinge rods and as ~ROSCO said, the windows look excellent as ladders. I WILL be stealing that one. And the 1x2 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Hopefully they have a good selection of figs (I especially hope they have the minifigs from the current Trains line like Engineer Max :) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Sounds great, hopefully they can tell us what is in it :) (...) Hopefully the contest is open to australia, I would love to make and enter a train (I think lego needs a good proper steam locomotive mabie a 4-4-0 american or something simiar) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Will this be available to the whole world (i.e. those countries served from the european fulfilment center like australia?) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

More on factory (from Mark the LF product manager) 15-60 USD pricing for models, by feb next year you can go to 400 USD. Virtual building instructions only though. Custom set box front cover Maybe in future it may be printable instructions. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Semi. Other people are taking notes too but this was big enough I wanted to share it... a couple more tidbits: LDD will be on the Mac soon after Lego Factory launch. In beta already. What is meant by "market your own boxes"? Is there sharing a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) Are you updating this live? Cool, thanks for the info anyway! tim (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) So what about "hobby trains"? also, an ultimate train kit... a train bulk box as it were. Also there will be a contest by the end of the year and we will have a loco and a car designed by fans that will be produced. It's not clear which of (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jake's keynote

(...) So what about "hobby trains"? Metal rails are not going away. Jake also announced that LEGO Factory is going live 25 August. Design your set in LDD, get fulfilled with your design or one you choose from the Lego factory site. There will soon (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Jake's keynote

More later but Jake announced a new "play train" line. The locos are RC. A few new parts are all that is needed. There is IR sensor input built into the baseplates The system will have new track, compatible with the old track and gauge, but which is (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Welcome to trains, Beat! That's quite a nice F7, the colour scheme is nicely done. I like the bogies, and those windows look great for ladders. The only downside I can see is the coupler attached to the frame, which tends to cause problems (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hello Train Fans Some of you might know me as a builder of heavy equipment like cranes or mining shovels. Here I would like to present my first train MOC, an EMD F7 of the Australian Mt. Newman Mining Company. (URL) The real loco has been hauling (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  NMRA National Train Show - Interview of MichLTC Participants

I didn't have the pleasure to attend the NMRA National Train Show in Cincinnati, but many MichLUG members did. I've interview a few of those members to create an intriguing report. (URL) Read the Interviews/Report>. Also lots of pictures from Jim (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Micro train by Moko

Hey all, I don't regularly read .trains, so forgive me if this is a repeat, but check out Moko's (URL) mini-train>. I think the engine has been on Brickshelf for a while, but the passenger car is new. Also, he's added some very clear (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) I'm looking forward to it, the bridge was my favourite element of the layout Tim (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) This is my creation. Now that MOCPages is back up, I'm working on putting together an expose of all the MOCs that I did for the NMRA show including the trestle bridge and roundhouse as well as my 8-wide train creations. Stay tuned! (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) That's a highly overrated phenomenon... I'm into modelrailroading too and for instance Fleischmann used this in their MSF controllers. However there's very little difference between that system and regular DC systems. What would work much (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the begining of something better?? rc trains (was: The End of 9 Volt?)

(...) i beleive what some of you are deaming of is what allready exists. Brian Willams, formarly of the niltc, created a rc engine in febuary of 2004 using the guts of an rc car and one modifyed train motor. if i remember correctly the rc unit (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) That wouldn't work all that well, I expect. There is a lower limit of voltage with which the electronics of the RC receiver will work. Below that, it would likely not drive the motor at all. I don't *know* any more than others (likely less!), (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Pacific

(...) Thanks Chris for the ideas and inspiration. I like your windshield. Quite radical really. I am going to work on the undercarriage soon. Chris (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Pacific ALCO FA

(...) Thanks Tim. I'll be sure to sign up soon. Chris (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for a few good figs (Jack Stone) for BrickFest

(...) Hi Steve, Only fireman?? I have some Jack Stone figs... but only one fireman, I already put him in one of my many totes that I'm bringing... I hope he doesnt squish my micro figs. Wink. Good luck on getting more. Janey Red Brick (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Pacific

(...) Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. I have no idea where I came up with the truck idea for the engine. Maybe it was a combination of otherworldly inspiration and subconscious lifting of ideas, but I really like the way they worked out. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for a few good figs (Jack Stone) for BrickFest

Hi All, I inadvertently built a MOC for the "Building the Trust" historic building contest in Jack Stone scale and now I need some figs! I was wondering if any one had some Firemen figs that they want to get rid of. That they can bring to BrickFest. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town)

  Re: Canadian Pacific

(...) Have to agree, missed it first time round but love it this time Tim (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Pacific

(...) DUDE! Somehow this MOC passed under my radar, so let me say now that I think it is most excellent! I really love how you have captured the "heaviness" of the F7-- really top notch! I totally dig your trucks, and though I'm not too wild about (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Pacific

(...) Hi, here is a link to the wheel decorations that I used for my Super Chief. For the engine... (URL) the cars... (URL) don't think that the engine decorations will be much use to you since I build 8-wide, but you might be able to re-engineer (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Great photos, I particularly like the corner section of the layout with the wooden trestle bridge (URL) details available on how this bridge was constructed? (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: modeling a bell?

(...) An idea as to how to mount it might be a clear 1x1 brick round [LDrawPart 3062b:47] half buried in the roof. That way you could see the dinger but the bell would be raied. Tim (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: modeling a bell?

(...) Not my idea, but how about a 1x1 cone [LDrawPart 4589:0] with a lever stuck through the middle of it [LDrawPart 4593:0] Not sure how you mount it Tim Nice loco pic BTW (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Pacific ALCO FA

(...) Hi Chris, There is a problem with images over at BrickWiki at the moment. But if you want to sign up and edit some things, or even just make suggestions about what you'd like to see, please do. Tim (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Pacific ALCO FA

Hi Larry Thanks for your comments. I couldn't open the pictures on the LEGO wiki site. Do I need to sign up first? Chris (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  modeling a bell?

hey guys, i'm building a sw1200 and i'm curious how you have modeled a bell. it sounds simple but i can't seem to come up with anything. ideas? (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) The idea of Kadee couplers for Lego trains is a fantastic idea. This the only short coming of Lego trains. You can't shunt them. I've ben trying unsuccessfully to design a alternate coupler from Lego parts but no luck. I would equip every (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

(...) Hmmm..michigan state fair??? (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

(...) Congrats. My earliest memories of model train layouts were the ones at the Ohio State Fair more than twenty years ago. I never dreamed there would one day be Lego trains on display there! Spencer (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special

If LEGO does do an RC train, I suspect it would be made to go alongside the existing 9V train and be made as either a Duplo product or a Jack Stone/4+ type product. Such a product would compete with products like Fisher Price Geotrax (which, IIRC, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) I have also run 12 V at: - Oregon Convention Center Grand Re-opening - BrickFest PDX As to battery trains being serious... One of the most serious RR sub-groups is slowly going battery powered - Garden Railroading (I call them one of the most (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC Display at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, Ohio

(...) My favorite quote: "She said the club is a good jumping off point because the fair organizers are hoping to get the actual LEGO company involved with the fair next year." --Mike. (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The End of 9 Volt? (was: Re: Train motors half price via S@H weekly special)

(...) Frank Filz hosted a 12 volt layout within our (PNLTC) layout at Beaverton Mall in 2002. The PNLTC website ((URL)) is down at the moment, but when it comes back up, please check it out (Under Galleries, See "Beaverton Mall"). -jeremy (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact