 Trains / 25710
Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:37:47 GMT

Hi Timothy

   Very nice work! I love the SNOTtery for the windows (and everywhere else for that matter). I wonder how many of your tricks I can adapt for six wide.

Thanks for the compliments. I think quite a lot of the details can be adapted to six wide as I am not using all the space between the two side walls to realize the different shapes. What will be more difficult or impossible to adapt are the decorations on the bogies as they are wider than six studs.

   BTW, congratulations for making it two Australian trains in the sidebar. That has to be a record. We need more people building Aussie stock.

Congratulations to you for your nice rendition of the Ghan! What is missing to both of our creations are the cars.

Do you or anybody else of the Australian train fans have pictures of ore cars as they have been used in the seventies? I could only find pictures of more recent cars with remote controlled dump mechanisms.

   PS. Spotlighted

Thanks.

Beat