 Trains / 25693
Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:05:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Beat Felber wrote:
   Hello Train Fans

Some of you might know me as a builder of heavy equipment like cranes or mining shovels.

Here I would like to present my first train MOC, an EMD F7 of the Australian Mt. Newman Mining Company.

The real loco has been hauling iron ore cars for several years and is now retired and on display at the Pilbara Railways Museum:

Although there are already lots of LEGO-built F7s, I still like the design of that specific type. Therefore I searched for a color scheme that has not yet been copied with LEGO bricks and that was possible to recreate with the parts in my collection.

The model is fully capable of negotiating curves and switches. A new feature are the step ladders on the locomotive frame in the region of the trucks using old style windows. They swing away in curves and therefore make room for the trucks to swing out.

More pictures can be found on my brickshelf gallery after moderation:

Website (currently without trains):

http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat, a newbie in trains

Welcome to trains, Beat! That’s quite a nice F7, the colour scheme is nicely done. I like the bogies, and those windows look great for ladders.

The only downside I can see is the coupler attached to the frame, which tends to cause problems when cornering, if the couplers on your rolling stock are attached to the bogies.

ROSCO

(Adding .loc.au cos they might be interested too)