 Trains / 25692
  EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hello Train Fans Some of you might know me as a builder of heavy equipment like cranes or mining shovels. Here I would like to present my first train MOC, an EMD F7 of the Australian Mt. Newman Mining Company. (URL) The real loco has been hauling (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Welcome to trains, Beat! That's quite a nice F7, the colour scheme is nicely done. I like the bogies, and those windows look great for ladders. The only downside I can see is the coupler attached to the frame, which tends to cause problems (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

SNIP wowowowowowow.... Amazing work. Lots of great little details, and unique usage of parts. I like the way you did the numbers with the hinge rods and as ~ROSCO said, the windows look excellent as ladders. I WILL be stealing that one. And the 1x2 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Beat, Very nice work! I love the SNOTtery for the windows (and everywhere else for that matter). I wonder how many of your tricks I can adapt for six wide. BTW, congratulations for making it two Australian trains in the sidebar. That has to be a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

As, everyone else has said, you have fitted in an amazing amount of new tricks with bricks in one model, ans that model looks really good as a whole too. I'm definatly going to have to steal some ideas from it, and i look foward to the next one. Tim (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi ROSCO (...) Thanks! (...) Well, the idea with the windows is what I am most proud of on my model. I had that idea about a year ago but haven't used it in a model since then. (...) I agree, you're right about problems when attaching the couplings (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Samarth (...) Thanks for the compliments. And yes, please feel free and use my ideas on your models as well. I even think of creating a building instruction with MLCad, as the respond to my creation is this overwhelming. But this certainly won't (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Timothy (...) Thanks for the compliments. I think quite a lot of the details can be adapted to six wide as I am not using all the space between the two side walls to realize the different shapes. What will be more difficult or impossible to adapt (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

Hi Tim (...) Thanks for the compliments. Except for the windows as ladders, basically every snot trick applies the simple 2x5 rule. Means that two studs in width are the same as a stack of five plates. About the next creation I can't tell right now. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Beat, great work, you entered "trains" with a splash. You also picked an engine I really like, the F3/F7s. I'm reworking the design for the Super Cheif, and hope to post it soon. Adding detail and a recolor as well. Mat (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company

(...) Hi Beat, While I don't have any pictures if you search for Peter Parsons in .loc.au you might ask him. He actually works for the Qld state railway and has a great deal of knowledge. And I agree that the Ghan needs cars. They may yet come... (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)