 Trains / 25764
Re: EMD F7 Mt. Newman Mining Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:54:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Beat Felber wrote:
   Hello Train Fans

Some of you might know me as a builder of heavy equipment like cranes or mining shovels.

Here I would like to present my first train MOC, an EMD F7 of the Australian Mt. Newman Mining Company.

   Although there are already lots of LEGO-built F7s, I still like the design of that specific type. Therefore I searched for a color scheme that has not yet been copied with LEGO bricks and that was possible to recreate with the parts in my collection.

The model is fully capable of negotiating curves and switches. A new feature are the step ladders on the locomotive frame in the region of the trucks using old style windows. They swing away in curves and therefore make room for the trucks to swing out.

More pictures can be found on my brickshelf gallery after moderation:

Website (currently without trains):

http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat, a newbie in trains

Beat,

great work, you entered “trains” with a splash. You also picked an engine I really like, the F3/F7s. I’m reworking the design for the Super Cheif, and hope to post it soon. Adding detail and a recolor as well.

Mat