 Trains / 22663 (-100)
  Re: TLC Train Improvements

I'm sure TLG will release a train set with a Left hand point in the near future, as I'm sure they manufacture them in equal numbers. David (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

A french message follows. Un message en français suit. Hello, I'm happy to announce MonLUG's sixth participation in a train show at the « Expo Train Modélisme » in the Montreal Area. It will be held at Georges Vanier High School in Laval (just north (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: More Space Trains!

(...) ??? Are you talking about (URL) THIS>? Something I haven't really mentioned but of which I'm very proud is my Spamcake Diner™ Moonbase module that I took to BrickFest PDX. I need to post a page about that.... (...) Yeah, I apologize for that. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More Space Trains!

(...) Hey, thanks! Yeah, I really got carried away with the design. It had even been shortened already by 1 full brick height:-) I'm not used to building from fantasy, and so things just took off. I had in the back of my mind the utilitarian nature (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) Hey, I made it easy a while back: (URL) Gimme a little time to figure out were the images & pages are:-P Josh (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More Space Trains!

(...) Sure don't say anthing about the Spamcake train!? And WHEN is this TCLTC layout gonna be unvailed? I've been waiting forever to see it in light, I see little sneaks in Ross's folder, I wanna see MORE! Josh (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More Space Trains!

(...) that locomotive positively rocks! it'd probably be too tall for the moonbase (or very close), but it positively oozes style (like an old streamliner), I love it. the freight car is really neat too, but apart from the colors, it doesn't really (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  My first boxcar

Here's my first finished attempt at any sort of rolling stock for a train. I wanted a six-wide boxcar with working doors. I managed to keep the doors 1 plate thick by using 1x1 - 1x1 brackets on the back. The brackets stick out from the plate just (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  More Space Trains!

I became inspired by Jake's intermodal warehouse, and specifically by the idea of trains riding around on the Moonbase project transporting containers. I had left BrickFest PDX thinking that I would build some 8 wide ore cars, but now I decided to (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modifying 9v Wyes

(...) Very interesting! I'd like some of those crossovers using both left and right hand switches. I've not yet been brave enough to use my dremel on Lego like that - I once cut a steel pole outside with the cutting disc and the disc shattered and (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) Back to the drawing board! I could have sworn that the droopy arm type was the older one. Oh well. Tim (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) Then it seems there is a problem. The handles that don't droop are too long to place end-to-end like that. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I have a comparison picture of those in my BS galleries: (URL) schleim, Clark (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modifying 9v Wyes

Will the terror end??? (URL) more switches fall to the Dremel! The double switch works very nice. I'll see what I'm in the mood for next. As usual, let me know what you think! Dave K (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) Hi Tim, That piece sounded unfamiliar to me so I went over to Peeron, and it appears that you've spec'd the type 1 version (URL) They indicate that it was produced from '78 to '85, which was during my dark age, which is why it seemed (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Gary's Dymanic Buffer

Does your train group have some bad drivers / conductors? Well after a lot of good response over Gary's train buffer, i created the instructions for this (my first 2 boot), parts list and even have included the movie of the buffer in action. After (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train station

(...) Wonderful work. I've been there many times and would definitely have recognized the station without any descriptions. Excellent rendering! (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?

(...) I'd say standard dimensions are a requirement! I'd also say we include a short and long version of the containers, much like trains (or real-life intermodal) does. the containers I used (I think) are 8 studs long, so this could be the short (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Heavy Duty Track Connections for Public Display Layouts (ILTCO Article)

Reference (URL) noticed early on that there is a significant voltage drop between 9V track sections. I put a large steam loco, which uses 2 train motors and 2 71427 technic motors, in a siding. When it was a metre from where the feed from a standard (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train station

I have been limited recently to building virtual MOCs due to a lack of space for the real thing. So when I wanted to see if I could build a representation of the train station in Jasper, Alberta I turned to MLCAD and POV RAY. The results can be seen (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOCs & New Address

I recently updated my new web site (see below) with two new projects: (URL) A slow moving passenger train (tram?). and (URL) A generic cargo car. A while back, I registered the domain; have slowly been migrating the site; and finally started to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) I've been working on a 4-6-4 using the BBB wheels, with some very good luck. I'm using a linkage design similar to that on my 4-8-4 Northern: (URL) a couple other people have mentioned, I had to de-flange one pair of drivers. In order to allow (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Ribbed panel construction idea

There are 2 versions of the 1x2 with handles...1 is dropped by 1/2 a plate height and the other is level. -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Jason J Railton Sent: Thursday, March 25, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) I heard someone say they were Fischer Technic (??) wheels. I might have an image somewhere with the contact info on it, I'll check and if I find it I'll post it. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I meant that I thought the newer version wasn't entirely level either, but I could be wrong. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I had thought that, t would reduce the rare piece count but would reduce the strength (actually it reduced it in one direction and increase it in another, hmm does it even need the strength there?) (...) There are two versions of this part, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) It's an interesting idea. You could alternate 5-studded 'dalek' bricks with 1-stud technic 'tumble-dryer' bricks along the centre line. Have you tried building this for real yet though? I thought that all the 1x2 plates with handles had at (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ribbed panel construction idea

While working out how to do the ribbed sides common on many modern locomoives I hit upon using this part (URL) After a serious of experiments to get the offset right I eventually came up with this design (URL) This basis can be scaled to suit, this (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) I'm not sure, but as far as I can guess, the outer ring of the wheels looks like the "holder" ring you get with the minifig black tools & utensils. Arne, Copenhagen (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I used flex rods in my design ,mainly for looks. They don't really flex in my design. My train is a 4 6 2. Is this the part #3747, which you are talking about?I used a 3 long technic axel with stud on one end.This is on the middle (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Modifying 9v Wyes

Must be my week to do crazy stuff with my LEGO collection... (URL) which I took a Dremel to two of my train switches. I was inspired by a picture I saw about a week ago from another LEGO train show (can't track down the post--I'm too tired) and it's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) [snipped] (...) Jeroen/All, Sadly, I fear you're right. One additional thing Brad Justus recently said (at LEGO World) was that he didn't think LEGO Direct should be making new trains for a while, but maybe just new track. I believe his reason (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl

(...) I am very proud of you, Jake! :-) For your wonderful creation, and your great idea. I love the warehouse-- very "industrial" looking, very convincing. And I love the idea of playing with intermodal containers and having a "standard". What I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

Hi Came across the following set of pictures of a large scale steam engine on Brickshelf. (URL) well done. What I want to know is how the wheels were constructed. I am in the process of trying to make a John Deere Model D tractor with steel wheels, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

In lugnet.loc.au, Sonnich Jensen wrote: After moderation: (URL) 1) There is one of Gary's track buffer taking a hit. (these were great, ther (...) Aaron will have photos and building instructions up soon. (...) Runs on small cog wheels and is (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) They say imitation is the best form of flattery ;) (and just because I'm posting to .trains, doesn't mean I'm going to build another one :P) Michael (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl

(...) Ha! I didn't even think about that... John Neal will be so proud! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

(...) James, I received another email from them today stating that the order was received and now placed. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for checking into this. Mark (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

The first train show we did, i took some movies, but my camera is a bit wide. (All the movies were on the side) Aaron (...) (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) That was a type-o :) I realized after I posted. I think I mentioned earlier that I really like your 8 wide rendition, though I will never make the jump to that scale ;) I'll stick with my 6 wide SD70ace Dave K -still doesn't know why the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) Josh (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) SD70ACe, ;) (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) My thinking on the techinic peg/axle (part #3747) is that the drive rod will remain rigid, and, since one side of the peg/axle connecter can move in and out freely, the space between the drive rod and the wheel will change. Unfortunately, I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  A new American Class 4-4-0 wood burning steam engine

I just finished uploading pictures of my new steam engine to my web site. I decided to put up pictures even though the engine is still missing one black macaroni brick (Since a lot of my LEGO is still in boxes from the last move, it will be a while (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Done, well sort of. I have already completed a mallard, although it was built before bbb wheels. Instead i am using the old red wheels, and some metal flanges they are very similar in size to the bbb wheels. The way I acomplished it was a set (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

There's been a discussion going on under the '8-wide Hogwarts Express' thread concerning wheel formations and drive/push rods using BBB driver wheels. I'd like to take the liberty of opening this up and starting a new thread requesting all you (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I think some sort of flexibility is also required in the drive rods themselves. Teunis Davey uses flex rods and he says this works - so this might be worth a try. Geoff (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Now that is inspired genius! You wouldn't really have to connect the middle wheels to the rods at all though, which may make it easier. The possibility is there for adding skirts to the hundreds of 'Mallards' that are about to appear... I can (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I bought two sets of drive wheels from Ben. Four red ones for my American 4-4-0, which I just finished (less one black macaroni... grrr), and 6 black wheels for eventually making a 4-6-2. I haven't even started planning my 4-6-2, but I have (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Layout looks great. The woolworths is cool. I am interested in how you guys have the yellow brick set up so may come along to a meeting soon, I have mine in storage and have never used it. The videos are cool, love the one where the train moves (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC at TCA Spring Meet

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that it will be displaying at the Train Collectors Assocation Cal-Stewart (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Built-in Train car separator

Hello all, At work today I was inspired and thought out a nifty little addition that shouldn't have taken much time to actually build. So when I got home, I started... (URL) seen 'em before, but I wanted this one to fit completely under the loading (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) That's a great layout! Very cool. (Is a video from the train within the current BUGS technology? I've seen a couple from the US, it'd be cool to see one of your layout...) Cheers Richie Dulin (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Industrial Piping Study

Greetings, Earth Mortals! Just a quick weekend throw-together to study how industrial piping might work. Though this model is non-specific (especially as regards color), the ideas explored seemed useful in a number of applications. If you're (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

(...) Mark, Thanks for posting this notice. I'm really sorry about the cancellation. I received a notice from CafePress that there was some problem with the PDF, but it read as if "I" were the person ordering the product. Since I hadn't placed that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pullman style window idea

While perusing the net I came across this pic (URL) and had a sudden flash of inspiration about the oval windows at the ends (URL) The image is coloured as it is simply to show construction and uses two arches and the base from a 2x2 turntable. The (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Great show I guess - great pictures at least. Some interesting stuff, see comments below. (...) How is this build. I can see most of it, but the front lower part??? (the upper with the bumper is clear, but what holds it in the bottom? (...) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TALC logo (Trains of Australia Lego Club)

(...) Hello Aaron, Peter and all other BLTG members. I saw your BLTG logo ideas a little while ago. Your logo idea Aaron, thats My favorite logo.I hope you use it. I also really Like the TALC logo that John Neal Designed. I just hope that we could (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Hello All, The part that I think we could not make trains without ! The train motor ! 4.5v, 9v , 12v. All these motors. As where is the fun, if you have to push the train. But, I think there is a more important piece . I don't know if I would (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) Hello All, of the BLTG ! Thanks For sharing your pictures. I enjoyed looking at them ! Prehaps one day we could have a National LTC meeting.Inviting International Guests !Calling it TALC ! A combined effort of the BLTG, M>ltc and any other OZ (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) Aaron mate great photo work. when you look back at the first show 2 years ago we are just getting better each time. Again thanks for the effort and support you have given to BLTG. to all our members thanks to all for the support I know we (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

Hi, I tried to order a copy of the instructions from CafePress a couple of weeks ago and was informed there were still problems with the printing. See the email below I received from CafePress: You order has been canceled because there was some (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Hi all, the photos that i took from the Sandgate Model train and hobby show. After moderation: (URL) sure to check out the vids. 1) There is one of Gary's track buffer taking a hit. (these were great, ther absorbed the impact of the train hitting a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Mine is the technic plates that I usually use to attach bogies to the chassis :D ROSCO (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Making train switch control unit modularized

Since adding motorized switch units to my LEGO track Wyes, I needed to come up with a good control unit. My first was 4 switches built into one box. Then I thought, "Hey! What if I wanted to expand? Add more switches??" Inspired by rtlToronto robot (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Brickshelf MOCs page

Hi folks! I only signed up to Lugnet couple months or so ago, but I finally got a digital camera and have posted pictures of my various MOCs on my brickshelf page: <www.brickshelf.com/...=Earthman> There's a variety of different ones, even ones made (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) That's right, without extra washer it is too tight. so, one could either modify the switch, but easier would be the use of washers (or if big wheels are used on an axle, make it a bit more roomier. (...) oops, yup, that is right. when (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

I think we determined that the derail was caused the wheels being a little too close together. Even with the large flanges, the steam engine would traverse the switch, if a small washer were used to keep the big wheels a bit farther apart. Also, one (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG to display in New Minas, Nova Scotia, March 20th

Greetings all, NovaLUG will participating in the Kings county Hobby Show at County Fair Mall in New Minas, Nova Scotia, tomorrow, March 20th. The show is from 9 am until 3 pm, free admission. New Minas is near the start of the Annapolis Valley, just (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

I love those flanges on that steamer! I've been trying to aqcuire some for a while now. I didn't know there were 2 sizes!?! -brickmodder (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Custom Curved Switch in our layout

We forgot to take clear pictures of them at our last show, but here is a preview: (URL) As you can see, we used a custom modified switch (by Joe), of which the off-leg equals 1 curved track. This can save a lot of space, and makes turns off of a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Thanks. And I can feel the peer pressure building - I can see myself ending up doing that A4 Pacific. Hopefully it'll be better than this one: (URL) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Hello modder, hello fodder.... Actually, I don't even like those-- we rip them apart to create our own trucks in the TCLTC clubhouse. I would say a BBB driver, but that's not LEGO..., sooo I guess it would be the 9 volt motor by default; you (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Open Poll...

What's your favorite Lego train element? Mine's a wheelset. Can't have trains without those! -brickmodder (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

So, it's been a bit of a dry spell with updates, so I went downstaris, built a little bit, and took some pics! (URL) a switch box directly ripped off from Jeff E from rtlTrain(s). Showing new pics of my GE Diesel loco, And here-- (URL) new (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

(...) Very cool John, I saw this on Brickshelf earlier today and really liked the look of it. I can't wait till we get to see more of the layout. jt (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

Ever since Ross built these a few years back: (2 URLs) I decided> that they needed to be a part of the TCLTC layout. Here is the result: (URL) More pics (URL) HERE> TCLTC page (URL) HERE> JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's how I managed to do it too! (...) I managed to fit the cylinders to the front bogie so they articulate too, but can't fit push rods though (...) Wouldn't normally do a Mallard Jason, but (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Any club that would like to exchange cargo containers with NELUG may contact me by e-mail: chris AT drvegetable.com to arrange a swap. I agree with JT that it is more in the spirit of the exchange to swap whole containers instead of sticker (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) The North Georgia LTC (NGLTC) containers should be available at the time of the next Brickfest, I'm not sure any will be made before then. We normally do not exchange just container stickers since I think the interesting part of the exhange is (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Hello All ! Sorry for the spelling mistake.It's Carolina Train Builders ! Here is were I saw The container, It's one of "scrope" Brickshelf pictures. Brian Williams' Frisco 1630 Steam train. (URL) not after every LTC container ! Because some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  New Pics of Matt's Roller Coaster

Well, I have finally got updated roller coaster pictures on line. These are pictures of the coaster in its latest rendition, as shown at BrickFest PDX last month. Check www.insidethevault.c...ercoaster. I am still looking for a good video of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction) !!

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) It's actually "Carolina Train Builders" if I am not mistaken (...) I cannot help you on the picture. I was too busy to see to it that good pics were taken, much to my great regret. But as to the identity of the award winners; (URL) containers (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Hur54p.23qK@lugnet.com... (...) Larry (...) These (...) a (...) find (...) No, should I? :-) Seriously, can who ever has them let me know so I at least know where they ended up? Mike (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Did you try looking for them on Ebay;-) JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"Teunis Davey" <teunisdavey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HuIE22.11sJ@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ...] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This one may be hard to get. I only made two of them and gave them to Larry P. to award as prizes at BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout featuring many new trains. As (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Well, stop wasting your time on LUGNet and get on with it! ;-) Seriously Ben, we can hardly wait. I gather these prototypes have some of the back of the wheel missing too, so the flanges of the outer wheels can tuck in behind. These means the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I had already admired your 4-6-2 chassis Teunis, but unfortunately my Lego collection doesn't run as far as flexrods! I have managed an articulated 4-6-2 chassis of my own using BBB wheels with the view of trying to create a 6-wide LNER (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Don't mention it. One of the true cars has about 10 doors. 8-# Thomas (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Nice. Now here is the bad news-- there are four cars in the consist of the Hogwarts Express! 8^O JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Cars for the Hogwarts Express

Here are my cars for the Hogwarts Express: (URL) paid more for the four red doors than each of the two 4708 sets. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

"Erik Bush2" <erbush@gcasda.org> wrote in message news:Huo9B3.t05@lugnet.com... [snipped] (...) engine. (...) TLC (...) What I understand from your post is that: a) you want TLC to produce a (decent) American engine (and American waggons) and b) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) fyi Big Ben Bricks LLC is working on a mold to produce an unflanged wheels for purchase. John has a few prototypes of the 'blind' driver. Kind regards, Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GATS Display

(...) Don - Nice layout - the tables look great! A few quick questions... How long did it take to set up? How did your rope barriers work out? Can you describe how you made them? ((URL) like you guys had a good time - looking forward to pictures of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I'm not sure how well it shows up in the pictures, but the middle driver axle is a 'blind' driver - the flanges have been removed from those two wheels. This way, I'm really just running a two-axle configuration, the middle axle is more for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TLC Train Improvements

Hey, I know that TLC produced a new train late last year or early this year but I think that it is time for TLC to make a new train car or a couple new ones. Perhaps a gondola would be nice to have. A gondola like this one. Perhaps in this color or (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started with LEGO Trains - Wait for the 2nd edition!

(...) My copy has arrived, and I've read it and I'm not impressed. As requested, I've tried to leave a review at Amazon, but as they still list the book as unavailable that doesn't seem to be possible, so I've posted my review below. I bought the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.books, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Hello Geoff, I have used flex rods as push rods , with the centre axel moving sideways. It works really well. But it needs a fare bit of weight above the drive wheels.to work fully (this was fixed when I put the train body ontop.) Sorry I have (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact