 Trains / 22656
22655  |  22657
Subject:
My first boxcar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:42:39 GMT

Here’s my first finished attempt at any sort of rolling stock for a train. I wanted a six-wide boxcar with working doors. I managed to keep the doors 1 plate thick by using 1x1 - 1x1 brackets on the back. The brackets stick out from the plate just far enough to slide into a door rail. I left spaces in the side wall to accomodate the other portion of the brackets.

I didn’t have enough of any single color to build a nice physical model of this, but here are a couple of POV-Ray versions. I did build a multi-color model to test the door though, and it works well.

Here’s a shot with the door closed:

http://www2.ci-n.com/~esdavis/ESD-BoxCar.jpg

And one with the door open:

http://www2.ci-n.com/~esdavis/ESD-BoxCarOpen.jpg