 Trains / 22599
22598  |  22600
Subject:
Making train switch control unit modularized
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:27:54 GMT

Since adding motorized switch units to my LEGO track Wyes, I needed to come up
with a good control unit.  My first was 4 switches built into one box.

Then I thought, "Hey!  What if I wanted to expand?  Add more switches??"

Inspired by rtlToronto robot building competitions, I looked into building
modular control switches.  In this way, I could add on more switches as needed
(and as I acquire polarity switches--I'm all out!)

So with much further ado, see the "Dave's modular motorized Wye Controlling
Switches Version 1.0" here

http://sparky.i989.net/lvtrain.htm

On this page are also steps for building the actual motorized wye switch unit as
well.

Anyway, as per usual, questions, comments or anything else you feel like sending
in my general direction is quite okay.

Take care,

Dave K