 Trains / 1915
Re: GMLTC at the NMRA National Convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:48:31 GMT

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote:

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:48:58 GMT, in lugnet.trains you wrote:

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

...Love the pics... I dream that we can get a setup 1/1000th as good! But I do
have a building question...

...In the pic http://www.execpc.com/~pfoster/nmra/gmltc38.jpg, what are those
girder pieces? I dont recognize them, but they'd be darn handy!

Those are 2x2 5h girders.
They were available in black in 6444 Outback Airstrip,
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6444

and in red in 1682 Space Shuttle
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1682

I think 1682 has 8 of them. Conan has a shoebox sized bin about 1/2 full
of the red ones. He parted out a LOT of 1682s.

...Ok, this is a piece we need to plan a secret night raid into LEGO
headquarters to liberate... I could name at least 4,122 uses for those girders,
not the least of which is to make great bridge supports...

Good luck, LEGO Systems Inc. runs 24 hours a day. Maybe you need to do a weekend
night raid.

...Well, I think it might be the only choice we have! They don't take personal
orders (like for the 13,592 2x4 red bricks I need), and they don't want to
release good service packs (like a 20 of girders)... I think a night raid just
might be our only option (we can leave money so it wont be like stealing)...
lets just hope there aren't too many security guards hanging out at 3 am...

<mission impossible theme fading in the background>
--
just a thought
snafu
| http://www.io.com/~snafu/   |---------------------/

<remove the SpamShieldRemoveToReply part in my email to reply   >
<use of my email for unsolicited comercial is strictly forbidden>