 Trains / 18440
18439  |  18441
Subject:
Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:39:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Well, it was quite a building year for Ross-- he turned 13 a few weeks back and
this MOC was the last thing he built before becoming a <shudder> teenager:

I entered it into Rene's building contest.  There are so many amazing things he
did in this loco, I just hope my pics are able to show them.  We also bought
some decals for it to snazz it up further:-)

He worked from an HO dummy model I got years ago with the intention of
recreating it in LEGO-- and I couldn't have done better.  He was meticulous!

He (we) did cut tubing, and did cut 2 chains for the back and front of the
decks, but everything else is straight/SNOT building.

There are also 3 pics of the loco displayed on a large bridge that will be used
on the TCLTC layout.  I had built the bridge, but Ross made a simple suggestion
that caused me to want to rebuild the entire thing-- it was adding the cool cap
"stones" under the arches.  It made the bridge 100x better in appearance!

Enjoy!

-John