 Trains / 17463 (-100)
  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) ok here is all you need to know how to make it :) (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

You should probably call and check to see if yours are actually shipping. I got my confirmation email last night, called to be sure, and my order shipped this morning, so it looks like I did get them. Woohoo! (...) | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) Shop at Home says they are gone, gone, gone. Someone bought them all this AM was the comment I got after several minutes on hold while the operator tracked down the true story. -Rob. (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) I got a good number of them last night as soon as it was posted they were there. This morning I got the order confirmation email. So it is looking good so far.... Mark P (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) I called S@H - not sure if I got an overflow operator - she said they showed as available, so I ordered. I hope they come through. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) ... I put the 2585 in my shopping basket early, but noticed that the item had changed to 'Sold Out' before I placed the order. Later, I changed the quantity in the basket and placed the order anyway. I got an e-mail just now confirming the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility question

"David VinZant" <legotrains@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H1Ho6t.Lzn@lugnet.com... (...) attached (...) Ahh but if you made an RC train! (I'm working on that...) ;-) Dean (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

I think it must have been a listing mistake - I just got an email saying that Lego don't stock this item : ( Oh well, never mind! Richard. "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H1I2M6.6Hs@lugnet.com... (...) wondering (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Wow, those sold out quickly...drat. jt (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Yeah - they originally came with Lego Loco spftware, but I'm just wondering where this batch has come from? Found in a warehouse somewhere or a re-release? Good cheap model for parts though! "Jurgen Blok" <jurgen.blok@iae.nl> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Wasn't that part of the lego-loco software package or something? I remember something like that. Bye, Jurgen (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility question

(...) Yes it will run just fine on the older 12/4.5v track. The only problem you will have is the 9v motor will run at full speed. So it wont stay on the track at all. Dave PNLTC (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

HOLY COW - WHERE DID THESE COME FROM??!!! Hmmmm, small train wheels for a decent price - I've been after 1 each of the minifigs for ages as well Oh please feel sorry for my poor credit card! "Jared Chan" <ckly2002@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Hi all, I have just discover something you maybe interested, see (URL) your own reference. Jared Chan (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Question for the train experts

I'm curious which of the Lego trains are based on actual trains. There are obvious ones like the Santa Fe Super Chief and the Metroliner. I'm actually more interested in 4565 ((URL) specifically right now. But I would be interested to know how many (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train compatibility question

Will a 9v engine work on 12/4.5v track if it has a 9v battery box attached to it? -- Markham Carroll (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) the signal tower? yes. i will post instructions soon, maybe tonight. the poster is not the final product though. it came out bad cause of the lighting. (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) How thick is the vertical bit on the 1x2x1 panel? ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Great job, Stacy. I really like the improvements. It's true art in motion. As for your kit, I'll be the first in line to purchase one! And I promise not to bring it to the NGLTC shows to upshow your own...lol. So how's the cab forward model (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Hey all, I think the hinge brick is the ideal solution, but you could also use baseplates, though this might require cutting pieces :( and would need some clever way to attach the upper layers to the lower layers. Any suggestions on how to use the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) I Agree. The Signal tower is really cool. Any chance you could post the dat file for the it ? Richard (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

(...) What do you think of my Orange passengercar (53studs long), wouldn't they fit together? (URL) if i got the right pieces in the right color then .... <snip> Regards, Ludo (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes: I noticed that the top of the tilting hinge brick and the lattice combined seemed to equal one plate. So I guess that gives us 2/3, 1/2, 1/3 striping widths. Also a clip flag is also a 1/2 plate width. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:H1GqC4.3Lu@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) a (...) lattice (...) picture: (...) (URL) the choices the hinge brick is defently the best choice! Nice find guys! As to hiding the edge what about (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) MicroStripe using the 1x2x1 tilting hinge brick: Use top part one color and bottom part a different color. Need a lot of them! But, when shown flat-side-out, the different colors create a MicroStripe. Don't know how to hide the "ends". Here's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Design Study - Royal Hudson (Jason Railton, James Mathis, & SteveB)

Here's a few shots of the redesigned RH with Dark Red Stripes and some very clever SNOT work suggested by Jason Railton and some follow on ideas from James Mathis. You can see the details implemented in the image rh5-600. deep links... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

I'd love some more ideas of the implementation of this concept, anyone up to it... So I've been looking for sub 1 plate thick elements. The verticle panel part of a 1x2x1 panel is a 1/2 plate thinkness. The top "plate" of a 1x2x1 titling hinge has (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

Looks pretty snazzy. (...) (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) Hey, that's pretty neat! I especially like the signal tower. The colors seem a bit washed out to me for some reason, though. Spotlighted. (thanks for sharing!) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  santa fe -poster- in progress

here is a "in progress" of a scene someday i will finish (URL) i have to add some cars! but enjoy the picture (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains) !

  Datsville Railroad (was: Datsville RR new F7a F7b)

(...) the models for the passenger set are: f7a official lego model( with slight changes), f7b - moc, baggage - official, cars - official/ basd mocs. im doing a second engine for the "2002 datsville return" and right now i am deciding the original (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Datsville RR new F7a F7b

(...) They are super! I too like to see them in Datsville. What is the MOC/Official LEGO model ratio? /Tore (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Kind words. Thanks. This would contain loads of nice SNOT parts. I didn't real-brick-build my concept, and as Steve Barile mentioned, it may need some structural reinforcement. Also a little tough to build in a good interior with the floor (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H1CsFw.5Fo@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) given (...) Is it done yet. (...) post, (...) the (...) Blah, blah, blah.... (...) Here we go again, blah, blah, blah..... (...) any (...) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I followed this discussion: fantastic waste of words and webspace! I love it. Oké, my suggestion to make up between you two: Larry: you design a neat small automatic track-sweaper, to be mounted on a 9V motor, frontside of course.... Building not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) As to this particular issue, I stand behind my opinion, by and large, in normal use, the 9V track doesn't need regular cleaning. Can it benefit from it? Maybe... I haven't needed to, though. Others have. That's fine. Is it appropriate to put (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Datsville RR new F7a F7b

this is the model i would like to have in datsille if it ever is continued. (URL) are the engines. the baggage and consist will be made later based on the 10022 and 10025 . i plan to make custom sticker parts for the cars. once the whole train is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Friendly forum?

Thanks to Bricklink's new chat feature (a big thank you Dan Jezek), I've made many new friends of the LEGO® persuasion. Therefore, my use of LUGNET shall be limited to announcements of completed MOC's only, rather than trying to prove an obscure (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Considering how many times I've posted in reply to Mr. P... ...my opinion stands And I thought this discussion was over with. Well, as of this minute...I will no longer post advice or debate of any kind. My words will be limited to announcing my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Harvey, Personally, I think you need to stiffen your spine a bit. Larry was in no way talking down to you. You seem to bristle at ANYTHING Larry posts, whether it is constructive criticism or not. I think your perception of Larry (i.e. you) is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

OK, James, now you need to create a MOC series using these parts and get Lego to produce them ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Thanks James for a nice implementation and drawing that all out. Some of those smaller elements (which nicely portray construction detail) can be replaced by long elements that ties it all together, adding more strength. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Sorry about that. Dig deep: (URL) the folder is approved for public viewing, you should also find an MLCad .mpd file for this model. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Gaaah... not public yet. :-( Got a deep link? :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Steve Barile shared with me an idea for making thin stripes. I've tinkered with the idea and come up with this solution: (URL) cool idea, Steve! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  floating threads

Whatever happened to making a Train idea book? Is the internet way too useful now? Dan (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) It depends. In the early days, usually not. The entire lashup (ABA, ABBA, ABB, ABBBA, whatever) usually got one number. Sometimes with a trailing letter (301A, 301B, 301C, 301D for example for an ABBA 4 unit set) (...) No, that battle was won (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: ... (...) ... To fit into the current organization of the train FAQ, I believe this is suggesting additions or rewrites to several existing FAQ entries: - LEGO makes trains? Where can I get them? (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Please calm down folks.... First let me say a 'thank you' to all who left input. In a conclusion on dirt&dust topic one might say: - 9V may need some cleaning now and then, but shows a great resistance against dirt. - 12V conductor rails (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

The Santa Fe generally painted a single number on the sides of their booster units. An A+B+B+A consist of units required only a single crew, not only F units...but also E's, ALCo PA's i.e. any set of 'covered wagons' for that matter. -Harvey (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) I presume an A-B-B-A arrangement would have two different numbers for each A-B pairing though? So, by the union rule, there'd be two crews. Would controls of the second be slaved to the first? Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

Thanks for all the info. I had heard that the engines were seen as one whole unit. So I will just leave it with out a number. Dave PNLTC ps. I ment SFSC, not SCSC (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) The general answer to your question is, "it depends". ATSF B units at various points in their lives had numbers that denoted they were part of permanently coupled sets or numbers that were independent. (over time, railroads decoupled the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

According to Model Railroad Magazine, most, if not all railroads considered multi-unit lashups as one locomotive, thus having the same number and not needing a numberboard. This was done mainly to by-pass the union rules requiring an engineer and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

I don't think the B-units had number boards. I have several model train catalogs, and they don't show any B-units with number boards for ATSF or any other roadname for that matter. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to # that darn B unit...

I have been looking around the net to find out if the SCSC B units have numbers on them. So far the pictures I have found of the B units show no number at all. So I kinda have a two part question. Does the SFSC B unit have a number and if so, where (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) At our recent "dry run" for NALUG's upcoming layout, we noticed some rough places running at low speed, and needed to spot-clean the rails. It took about 3 years and 4 shows to reach that point, though. James (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Here they are! Napa Valley (URL) Valley (alternate) (URL) Island (URL) Valley (URL) know that gold color doesn't exist, but it was too cool to pass up. Again, many of the schemes are downright impossible to build, and others would need extra (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

We have to clean the rails on our layout every time we take it out. Usually we do it by running a train over the tracks with a small load. They definitely get dirty though... -John 3 (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Huh. There used to be documentation of this (I thought), but I can't find one now. It's pretty simple - when you want to mix two of the colors from 0 to 15 (black, blue, green, teal, red, dark pink, brown, gray, dark gray, light blue, bright (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Then your house must have little dust b/c thats what happens to mine. A layer of dust is formed and I have to clean it all the time. And when I go around a week w/o running trains(if i'm working on my live steam engine too much)that happens. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I agree with much of the other commentary, but just would like to toss in a few points: (...) But bargains can be found. (...) But 9v wheels work just fine (my 8 car 7740 runs quite nicely with 9v wheels on the passenger cars). (...) And wiping off (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Whoa there now Mr.P, how come every time I have advice to give, you have to talk down to me like some kid? Theres been plenty of times where I've taken the cloth mentioned above and wiped plenty of black crud off, and my track is indoors in an (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) I agree. I'd also start a beginners guide by talking about 9V and the options available, then summarise older systems (battery, 12V) so that the beginner knows they're out there, and can then decide whether to seek them out specifically or (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) I have never done this, ever. And I have had no problems whatever. Unless you let your kids take the track outside (Hi Chris...) this is not necessary. It's stainless wheels on stainless track precisely to obviate this need. Therefore I would (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Metroliner and my brother got the Load and haul Railroad. So we started in 9V when our dad knew about the 12V. He always said the track wasn't right and now we have a 9V empire layout. I still feature the Metroliner and Load and Haul Railroad (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I think you've just about said it all Ben, I'll add that 9V rails can be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth every couple weeks for optimum performance. -Harvey (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Dear train fans, once more I got a very general request from a Lego®-train-theme beginner. He wants to know, how to start into the train theme in the best way. I know most of these questins have been asked (and answered) in the past for several (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Moderator / Layout

(...) See this thread: (URL) (also in admin.curators) where I was asking about this very problem. Didn't really get an answer that I completely understood since I don't know how to do tables in FTX on the front page of a group. I do not think the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: 4548 modification

(...) It was tested for 15 minutes. The electric current was between 1.0A and 2.0A on the test. The regurator with heatsink was hot.But that does not exceed 60 degrees(c). I can touch the regulator.On the datasheets (URL) chips can operate . If you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

Thanks for the info! Look for some new Alco schemes on Brickshelf in about 3 days. :^) -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4548 modification

(...) periods? ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Correct it is a Big Boy. This one is about 9.5 studs wide, but proportionately equal to James' Rio Grande, which is 6-wide. I have already been working on putting the kits together, for about 6 months now. I have been redesigning my original (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

I've looked at the ldraw.org color table but didn't know there was a system to determine a color value. 272 = (that's 1 (blue) * 16 + 0 (black) + 256) looks awfully like an equation of sorts, is there a definition on how this works somewhere? And I (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Its a big boy, and I will look into the set but it probally wouldn't be cheap. Maybe if you have a desire for a steam engine set, you probally should make something smaller, like a atlantic or a mikado. Dan (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Well, I'm not Steve B ... well, actually I am. Anyway, looking at <www.ldraw.org/refer...s/colors>, the color code for dark red is 320. There isn't a recommended/official color code for dark blue; I'd go with 272 (that's 1 (blue) * 16 + 0 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Some info on custom color train (was ...Dark Red LMS ...)

I got a message "441 Cannot accept LDraw DAT data in lugnet.trains" so I posted to .cad and here's the link... (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moderator / Layout

(...) It looks like Todd is attempting to set up the page to devote 50% of the space to the left-hand margin, and 50% to the news digest, but the HTML table layout, at least under IE 6.0, won't break the long lines, forcing a minimum width for the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10025 Carriages

I have just received my 2 copies of the 10025 Carriages, and they are amazing. I think Lego Direct & James Mathis need a big round of applause. They look really good for something so simple. When i heard about the use of the silvered bricks, i was a (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) I suppose that's how I should've posted my previous message (to all, not just Mr. Railton and Mr. Barile). My apologies if I offended anyone. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Moderator / Layout

Larry - Is there any way of limiting the width or forcing word wrapping on the left-hand highlight list of .trains? The longer titles that show up there reduce the actual messages on the right to a narrow little stack. (I'm using 800x600 at home - (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track designer ....

(...) I think you might need to cross post this to the CAD groups if you want Leonardo to see it. If I remember correctly, he's the only one in posession of the sources at this point. Thanks for the reminder, Don (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive

(...) Who do you mean by Xxxxy? Surely not me, as the use of the word "lately" is incorrectly restrictive in my case... nice is a universal modifier, always applicable. :-) FUT ot.fun (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive

(...) is a US vs UK thing? I thought it was a spelled right vs spelled wrong kind of thing :) No, I don't need you to dig up all my old typos. Some of my typos make me laugh too! Chris If I new you to set the FUT to .fun in my news reader (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive

(...) I refer the honourable gentleman to the earlier thread: (URL) Why don't you just pick on xxxx. I haven't used the word Eurot®@$h to (...) Well, I could always pick on Xxxxy, but he's been so nice lately. You're right though - you've never used (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4548 modification

(...) It is as you say.I can drive 22cars with 6motors without loss of power. (...) 4548 controller uses some electrical chips. And the output electrical current is limited by the chips. The rectifier diodes(1N4002) are 1A and The regulator (LM317T) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive

(...) Arrgh :)! I still don't get it. Sure, I have built some US freight (OK I have only built US freight), but I have used words like bogie! Why don't you just pick on xxxx. I haven't used the word Eurot®@$h to describe those lovely European trains (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4548 modification

I'm quite interested, but I don't know what I'm looking at. Is this a way to power additional motors on the same track, without loss of power? If so, that's pretty cool. If someone with some electronics background can summarize this project for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

Jason and Steve, What is the color number for dk red and dk blue (in MLCad)? I'm trying to do a Napa Valley Alco rendering, and it uses dk red. As well as Lehigh Valley and one other one which I can't remember the roadname to at the moment. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

I'm guessing, Big Boy?? Josh (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  A look at things to come!

Please visit: (URL) a look at things to come! I am working on a kit for purchase if there is enough interest. Can you identify the train pictured? Thanks and have fun, Stacy (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An interesting building idea...

Whoa, that's pretty neat there. A tiny machine like that could lift such a large piece of equipment? Incredible, remarkable... -Harvey (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: An interesting building idea...

I meant two pairs of rails, or two tracks (if 1 track=2 rails). Roy (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An interesting building idea...

(...) Yeah, I'm holding out: saw it, built it, done that; all to 1:1 scale ;-) I must say, I've never thought of modelling the VLA antenna array. Great idea, Roy. The VLA is located about 45 to 50 miles from where I live. (...) Wheh! More power to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An interesting building idea...

I thought we had someone on .trains from sunny New Mexico? James... you holding out on us? :) Now that would take a large layout, a lot of tan base plates, and a ton of UFO sections for the antennas! SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

And Orange... (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An interesting building idea...

(...) Neat device Roy! Just for a sense of scale, I dug up this pic: (URL) another pic showing a larger section of the track arrangement: (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Train Bridge Scene

(...) Thanks! It slowly getting better, I bought a creator bucket just for it... Josh (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Small Train Bridge Scene

Well, I thought this over many times before building, its is only 3 bricks high... When I get to building I was thinking of a 2-3 brick height on the whole layout anyways! But thanks, I may have to use that idea on another bridge!! It does SEEM to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  4548 modification

I finished my 4548 modification . now I can get 9V on the truck at any load condition. and the maximum electric current excceeds 2A. (URL) appreciate mr.shirane.He is great!!! (URL) you have any question? Please contact me by simplified English. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact