 Trains / 17370
Re: An interesting building idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:08:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
I thought we had someone on .trains from sunny New Mexico? James... you
holding out on us? :)

Yeah, I'm holding out:  saw it, built it, done that; all to 1:1 scale  ;-)
I must say, I've never thought of modelling the VLA antenna array.  Great
idea, Roy.

The VLA is located about 45 to 50 miles from where I live.

Now that would take a large layout, a lot of tan base plates, and a ton of
UFO sections for the antennas!
SteveB

Wheh!
More power to those who endeavour to take on this challenge!  Would be very
cool.

I have a few friends and contacts at the National Radio Astronomy
Observatory's (NRAO- organization) Array Operations Center (AOC- building)
for the VLA here in Socorro.  If anyone needs any contact information or
other details regarding the VLA, I would be happy to assist.  Maybe the AOC
would like to have a working LEGO model of their VLA?  Or, perhaps at the
VLA visitor's center?  The AOC is in Socorro. The VLA+visitor center is 45
to 50 miles away in the Plains of San Augustine.

later,
James Mathis