 Trains / 17391
Re: A look at things to come!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:57:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dan Voelkerding writes:
In lugnet.trains, Stacy Bledsoe writes:
Please visit:

for a look at things to come!

I am working on a kit for purchase if there is enough interest.
Can you identify the train pictured?

Thanks and have fun,
Stacy
Its a big boy,
and I will look into the set but it probally wouldn't be cheap. Maybe if you
have a desire for a steam engine set, you probally should make something
smaller, like a atlantic or a mikado.
Dan

Correct it is a Big Boy.  This one is about 9.5 studs wide, but proportionately
equal to James' Rio Grande, which is 6-wide.
I have already been working on putting the kits together, for about 6 months
now.  I have been redesigning my original Big Boy and improving construction
and detailing.  There is about 5% SNOT over prior 40% SNOT construction.  I
know how much it cost to make the engine and what I will price it at.  It
would be proportionate to custom sets that already exist out there, as far
as price for piece count.  And, of course, price decreases as
demand/interest increases.

Stacy