 Trains / 17378
Re: 4548 modification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:12:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rick Clark writes:

Is this a way to power additional motors on the same track, without loss of >power?

It is as you say.I can drive 22cars with 6motors without loss of power.

Also, some detail about the parts used might be helpful. Otherwise, I'll
have to take a printout of the BrickShelf pages to Radio Shack and say,
"uh, can I buy some of these things in this here picture?"

4548 controller uses some electrical chips.
And the output electrical current is limited by the chips.
The rectifier diodes(1N4002) are 1A and The regulator (LM317T) is 1.6A.
So I replaced the rectifier diodes and the regulator .

First step

Modify your controller

1)replace rectifier diodes(1N4002) to S3V20
2)replace regulator (LM317T) to LM350T

Both chips can handle 3A.

Second step

Prepare the power supply
1)make(buy)  AC or DC power supply(support 3A electric current and 13.5V
  voltage)

Good luck!!!!

Kanefusa