 Trains / 17393
Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:27:31 GMT

Thanks for the info!  Look for some new Alco schemes on Brickshelf in about
3 days.  :^)

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
I've looked at the ldraw.org color table but didn't know there was a system
to determine a color value.

272 = (that's 1 (blue) * 16 + 0 (black) + 256) looks awfully like an
equation of sorts, is there a definition on how this works somewhere? And I
wonder why the MLCad fields aren't auto populated then.

SteveB(arile)
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:

Jason and Steve,

What is the color number for dk red and dk blue (in MLCad)?  I'm trying to
do a Napa Valley Alco rendering, and it uses dk red.  As well as Lehigh
Valley and one other one which I can't remember the roadname to at the moment.

Well, I'm not Steve B ... well, actually I am.  Anyway, looking at
<www.ldraw.org/reference/specs/colors>, the color code for dark red is
320.  There isn't a recommended/official color code for dark blue; I'd
go with 272 (that's 1 (blue) * 16 + 0 (black) + 256).

Steve