 Trains / *9769 (-100)
  Re: Show report

(...) Thanks David.I actually had to finish it as the show was going.It didn't make the trip there to well.Most of it was done but before the show but transporting it took a big toll on it.I will redesign it a little to make it alot stronger.It also (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

Hi Frank, (...) Ohh, well - that picture was taken after a long long day at the train event, after a long uploading and posting session AND after some (?) red wine!!! But it was taken before I got my copy of the Metroliner - sorry, that one was (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) wides-- (...) Ending on 8-wides. Well, I guess I was just trying to separate the two scales, 6-wide and 8-wide from one another. But, I guess I really didn't do that since I included the 8-wide EuroTram in the Mix of 6-wide passenger stock. I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cleaning 9V track

(...) Ahui, When (and if) I store my track, I'll put them into ziplock bags and flatten them to get rid of as much air as possible. I'd also store them in a dry place free of humidity. if necessary place those 'filters' that one renews by baking in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

(...) -Frank (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

(...) Even in case to make you jealous or even angry: I actually DO HAVE a sealed metroliner at home in this very moment. :-) Looks like this: (URL) I definitely will kill the seals and build the set for my own (probably this evening, if there is (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

James: (...) Play well, Jacob -- No .sig today. (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Interesting Trade Proposal for Set 4558...!?

I am dying to get my hands on a Metroliner train set (4558), mint in box, but my wife will kill me if I spend what the auctions and straight sales are asking. So, being that I am a web site designer (I am the New York Mets webmaster-www.mets.com) I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Signals

(...) I have instructions with pictures on my website here: (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains?

(...) I'd love to see them adopt some DCC-controlled motors, so that we don't have to do the surgery ourselves (even though Thomas Cook at WAMALTC has posted an excellent pictorial guide for those who dare to try!) The current motors also pass the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

I had read your document, but I have a simple question, who wil control your "Small Air Cylinder"? if we use motor that can be controlled by RCX, Scout or regulator. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

This is AMAZING -- love the airport! David "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G77JA4.7Mx@lugnet.com... (...) :-) (...) from (...) image. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Look for old trains

This has got to be the most impressive MOC collection of trains in the world, James. You are one prolific dude, dude:-) I like the way you end on 8 wides-- kind of implies an evolution of sorts! <g,d,r> Speaking of the 8 wides, regarding the euro (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) Well, I've done switch points with much success, and the cargo crane with little. Here are some older pix, I've got some new ones coming up. (URL) eighth picture down is the cargo crane. If anyone designs a better claw for this crane, PLEASE (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

[snip] Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G77JA4.7Mx@lugnet.com... (...) image. That would be your first clue that these images are *way* too big for most folks. Thanks for sharing Larry, but these pictures would be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Cleaning 9V track

(...) I've used that clear, yellow "Goo Gone" cleaner with some success. (I was intrduced to it at the NMRA show, by one of the vendors of track cleaning reailcars, so it seems to me that it works well on brass rails as well.) Isopropyl ("Rubbing") (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) For cost reasons I'd think LEGO would create a Micro-Scout sized computer with a little screen that would allow you to program each train into the system like DCC. A Scout type screen would be all that would be needed. Small and efficient. Of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

Personally, I wouldn't think that they would go as far as computer controlled layouts considering most individuals would not want to move their computer close to their track nor do they usually have enough space for even a temporary layout in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

Peter & All, (...) the (...) trains (...) effect. (...) That was a bad smell, maybe they can shoot some air freshener in that smoke maker. Nice effect, though. : ) (...) And (...) Indeed, the kids enjoyed it, but I bet the AFOL'S enjoyed it more, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Knee-biting Amtrak Cascades (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

(...) knee-biter.[1] (...) Ah, so I should present my train models in alphabetical order. Got it! ;-) (...) I'm glad you got to see it run and discover any and all its flaws. (...) Yes! This is the type of comment I love! Yes: less tall. I totally (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) Done. (...) Well, the links aren't "upper left". They are just "left". Is that ok? later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Cleaning 9V track

I recently unpacked some of my 9V track I had in storage and noticed that some of the track has little orange specks on it. It looked like rust. Has anyone ever seen this on their track? If so, how do I clean it and keep this from happening again? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Cleaning 9V track

I recently unpacked some of my 9V track I had in storage and noticed that some of the track has little orange specks on it. It looked like rust. Has anyone ever seen this on their track? If so, how do I clean it and keep this from happening again? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Signals

If memory serves me correct, on the rear of the switch there should be two terminals. When loking at the back straight on; the left hand side one serves as the wire to the signal, and the right hand one is connection to a special track piece in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) <snip> (...) It's actually a quote from Douglas Adams's _Life, the Universe, and Everything_. An immortal alien is bored by his existence, so decides to insult everyone in the entire galaxy, and to do it alphabetically. The complete quote (as (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12v Signals

Hello folks... I have a 12v stop/start switch with remote control set number 7860. Does any one know how to wire one of these up ? I did not get any plans and there are none on brickshelf. Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) I have no idea at this time how to insert thumbnails on the TOC page, especially using the simple "save as html" function within MS PowerPoint. Perhaps I can edit the html file and achieve this addition of thumbnails on the TOC page. I'll try. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

Hi James, well, I were happy to see the presentation some weeks ago! But the html-version is also very nice! Download time - even with my sloooowwww modem - is ok! That'S really a good way to present your MOC's because everybody might see, how close (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

Regarding the site layout: very clean, although thumbnails'd be cool from the TOC page. Also if possible, perhaps the navigation links in the show could be moved to the upper left, so it's not necessary to scroll each slide to reach them. Regarding (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics (and prog) of my Train Crossing

(...) It was setup as a duel track crossing with the possibility of the trains coming from either direction. Believe it or not but the sensors were 4 feet away from the gates! For this scale the most realistic speeds are notch one on the controller. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New Look for old trains

I have put together a look layout look for several of my train creations. I have tried to pair my model made of LEGO bricks with photos of their real-life counterparts. I welcome any comments and criticisms regarding organization, presentation, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pics (and prog) of my Train Crossing

Wow, the avi really sells it! The gates are nice and slow! I'd reverse the position of the sensors relative to the crossing, so that the arms lower much earlier, then raise right after the train is through. Much more prototype. Half the fun of a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) And I don't want to go buy a Windows PC. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) I sort-of agree with that. However, I'm officially supposed to be a castle fan, so I can continue to buy sets for castle parts. :-) (...) If they require a computer to run the trains, I would drop Lego trains and stick to castle, Technic and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck move along round

(...) Why go high-tech when low-tech might work just as well? The last GMLTC layout had a small dump truck that would drive in circles. Here's a thumbnail: (URL) small truck in the center of the picture has a magnet mounted on the front. Underneath (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck move along round

(...) Note that the Miniland autonomous vehicles do this... every so often they come to a stop at a known place, their whiskers pick up recharge and exchange messages with the central controller, and reset their location (they learn how far they've (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: $13 Soccer Buses (white train windows) at eToys

(...) My Targets had some of these with the soccer ball included for 50% off. (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Truck move along round

(...) Hi Z. , This will only be possible with limitations. Because you will have several errors every round, you will lose your track after some rounds. This errors are given from (for example) 1. not at once stopping motors when the given value for (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Check LEGO set form Mobile Phone

Looks like the LUGNET version is WEB only, while this new version is a minimal interface created for some web enabled cell phones. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Show report

(...) That's OK, Scott--the festoons of dust flying off just added a nice effect. Artificial smoke without the chemical smell =) I just wanted to add that I, too, had a lot of fun at the show. The whole thing was great. The best part was when kids (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) My collection outgrew closets long ago. Now it's threatening to outgrow the entire basement. :-) Oh, you mean *that* closet. Well I do want/need to put a rainbow sticker on my car, it's true, but I'm happy with the side of the bread my butter (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Show report

(...) I usually try to crop or reduce the size of pictures, but it certainly adds time to the process. What would be nice is if Brickshelf had some way to specify on your viewing the max picture size you wanted to see, and then it would auto-scale (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Er, that is, I am *trying* to delete it but not having any luck... ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Yes, but I don't like to take reduced resolution pics... and I didn't have the time to go through and make them smaller. So I dumped them all up with no QC (...) ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) indeed: and even nosediving engines offer lots of fun (and memorable moments), after you have survived the first shock and found out nothong important is broken... (...) That's in fact planned for the next meeting. (...) Ok, that's the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Check LEGO set form Mobile Phone

(...) thats exactly what Lugnet offers here (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Check LEGO set form Mobile Phone

(...) thats exactly what Lugnet offers here (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: new trains

I have pretty much put immediate Lego purchases on hold based on the notion that Lego will be releasing new train items soon. Even with some of the bargains going around right now, I would much rather have new 9v train items than a bunch of $10 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

Scott Sanburn wrote in message ... (...) Hmmm... you're the closet that Larry's coming out of? :-) Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) store: (URL) auctions: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes: <snip> (...) You could do it in sections like I did for the last show that WAMALUG (and coincidently I) did. Keeping it to one 32 long X 'N' wide sections, you can do a faily decent mountain. Rich -- Have (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Check LEGO set form Mobile Phone

When you buy LEGO set in store or on eBay, would you want to check the official prices and pieces and so on? You can check it from your mobile phone from today, open page at (URL) got it! Zhengrong (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes: <snip> (...) You could do it in sections like I did for the last show that WAMALUG (and coincidently I) did. Keeping it to one 32 long X 'N' wide sections, you can do a faily decent mountain. Rich -- Have (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: new trains

(...) Chris, what you are referring to is what's known as DCC or Digital Command Control. And given the recent alliance between Microsoft and LEGO, I also think we can expect to see this trend in most upcoming LEGO products. I only hope that they (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Truck move along round

I want to make a truck for my train scene, this truck is controlled byRCX with two rotation sensors and two motors driven rear wheels, it will move straight line, it will turn right 90 degree then go straight when got message m1, turn left 90 degree (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) The RED LED's are for the crossing lights. The LEGO Lamps were used for the sensor on one side of the track and a photo transistor on the other. When the train went between the two it activates. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) No, I think Steve just has had those built a while. He appeared Saturday, said he read LUGNet(tm) and did we want to see his trains? <grin> ... which he brought in on Sunday. Both the GP30 and the Big Boy are his. ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

James & All, Not knowing what train you are referring to, I am sure my trains are the dustiest, as they sat on the shelf for awhile, all the other people's trains looked good. Scott "Dust smacks" S. -- Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices? Visit The (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

Is that dust on the engine part of a weathering effect? :) -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G78Fw0.FsE@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Motorize switch point

You said you used LED's for the Lights and standard Lego Lamps, what do you mean? if you used LEGO lamps, why do you still use LED? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  new trains

OK, so we have lots of really strong hints (basically statements) that there is going to be a new/changed line of Lego trains coming out soon. As one of the people who doesn't know what it is, I'm darned near dying of curiosity. So, it ocurred to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) 200 green 32x32's, 192 straight road, 26 T roads ,32 grey 48x48 and trees.Funny thing on the trees is they told me if i needed anything else other then the plates that i could get it at cost.So i told them give me $100 worth of the large (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) It's good to see they helped out like that. Did that include road plates and runway plates or just green 32x32's? KL (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes: OK, I FINALLY got all the pics from my camera uploaded. 8 wide fans, take particular note of the pics starting here (URL) be warned they are very slow loading... Enjoy. ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) When i designed that on track designer i was going for the "city block" look.We were able to get a ton of plates(over 400) from TLC so i really wasn't forced into that design.When we walked in there(to setup) i had the road allready designed (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) a (...) it Absolutely not! I'm a purist to the point that I don't even like homemade stickers. Besides, mountains are supposed to be rough and 3-dimensional. The effect that I like is when you see a scene (or picture) that has nothing but LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

I will say that I liked the baseplate look (I wish I had that many plates for the NGLTC layout, but for now the tables are painted base plate green) but it looked like it had a few draw backs. For one I don't think you'd have a lot of flexibility in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) I think it varies. (...) They were provided. and they were NOT the same height, and not level. This caused much trouble. They WERE in good repair. No one on the Detroit side of the state (this is a club that just formed for this show) has (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Interesting analysis, Kevin. I am curious, would you then advocate using, say a mountain, which is non-LEGO and made out of paper mache? On a related note: it seems to me that TLC used to make their dioramas out of bricks more than they do (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) The airport was awesome! Now only if they offered gray 2x2 tiles in 100 packs... :) Actually the whole layout was very well done. I have to say, I prefer the look of the "baseplate" landscape to the "brick" landscape. There is something about (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) <snip> (...) Yes!!! congratulations! Impressive showing! (...) Promises, promises ... you haven't made it to NC yet... sheree (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) That's for sure! ;) Larry was a really nice guy, who kept things in step. We just happen to be closet to Larry, I think. Scott S. -- ***...*** Please visit (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Never. I am the man without a country, minister without portfolio, gadfly and general nuisance to LUGs and LTC everywhere. ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal (...) Kai,myself ,Larry and Scott all had a hand in it. (...) John,outside dimension was 24 ft.X 23 ft.The opening in the middle was 14 ft.X 8 ft.Total plate count was around 520 (including 32 of the large grey 48 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report - GATS 2000 Novi Michigan

Tom, (...) Thank you, sir. We are glad to provide assistance, and I hope you enjoyed the display. Have a great week! Scott S. -- ***...*** Please visit (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report - GATS 2000 Novi Michigan

(...) Thanks for the Herculean effort to get everything set up. You gentlemen are amazing. And thanks for answering all my questions; trains are not my area of play...yet. Tom Napolitano...tomnap@bersama.net (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) Ok, now I will have nightmares about Lego pieces going down the sewer system... (...) I thought about using some filling but maybe it can be worse because the small pieces will get mixed with it. (...) So better the box don't have small holes. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) JOOO...OOOE!!!!! ;^D ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) Or you let somebody drive the train too fast around the bend and it goes flying off the table, crashing to the floor: (URL) you transport a model somewhere to get it photographed and the thing breaks in your hand because you were carrying it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) ...I've had worse! -John (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

"Richard Schamus" <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G77Hyy.4BD@lugnet.com... (...) off, (...) say. (...) I have had bits and pieces fall off and it was pretty easy to figure out where they went when it was time to put it back (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Pics (and prog) of my Train Crossing

I was waiting until our new VLC page is finished but it's looking to be taking a very long time to complete. So, since some of you asked about this I'll post the pics and avi to the web in raw format. (URL) 4 pictures and one ~900k avi of it in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) I do. I was waiting until our new VLC page is finished but it's taking ages. (URL) 4 pictures and one ~900k avi of it in action. I used LED's for the Lights and standard Lego Lamps for the emitters. I used Photo Transistors for the pick ups (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout prep Saturday?

I just wanted to publicly thank Michel and James and the rest of NALug for their help on Saturday making barricades for the show next month. SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) What we did was change the "trunk" to 2x2 round bricks and put a technic axle through the lot and they stay together real well. (...) all of our stuff has boxes to go in and you try and pack a tightly as possible. We always end up with (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Container yard

(...) If James P does have a layout for the container yard that needs to be followed, I'm sure I can incorporate it. I'll e-mail him about it... SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) Congratulations, MTLC!! Lar, have you forsaken your wandering ways and found an LTC to call home? BTW, Whose on the club logo committee? (...) This airport is very massive and very impressive! I love the huge scale of it and of the other (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) Well I think we all expect some collateral damage. For me I just pack MOC's as tightly as I can boxes then just make sure I don't tip the box (this end up arrows help). I will admit I used to worry a lot more about this than I do now. Now I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) That's quite normal: what's your concern as long as this doesn't happen directly over a gap in canalization.... (...) I myself try to put them into boxes (without filling material). Nearly everytime some small parts fall off - but are lying at (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Show report

(...) Er, let me eat those words. One nosedive was due to me, and was while I was on the controls. I was trying to get the bullet to run as fast as I dared, a middle coach tipped over on a curve (it was the inside of a doubletrack) and was plowed (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Scott Sanburn got his uploaded... these are smaller (640x480) pics but faster loading: (URL) has his pics organized by day) This shot of Scott's is a favorite of mine: (URL) as it shows just how MASSIVE the airport terminal is, and frames the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Show report

(...) Well, to a certain extent, advice is easy to give, and some of the things we ran into were things that people in the group (remember, this is a very loosely organized group with no structure, just forming, and many of the group members had (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How to transport Lego

(...) In my experience, if your main model is structurally sound you shouldn't have too many problems. That is, the main part of the model. If you have bits that you know will easilly fall off, and you can't get it (the whole model) into a box for (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  How to transport Lego

I had to take some models from my home to the office, some pieces fall off, and it was not a very positive experience. So my question is: How to transport Lego? Assembled models, I mean. I guess that people that show stuff at train shows must have (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Show report

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes: Hi Larry, thanks for giving these first infos. Now it's like christmas: waiting for the pictures.... I was amazed that everybody has to do some of the experiences for his own again. At our last event (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Motorize switch point

Can you show me the instruction and NQC program? I want to refer them. BTW do you have any other MOC for level crossing, automation train by RCX or Scout? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

Hi Chris, here's the FAQ to which I was referring. No pretenses as a definitive work, just some things PNLTC has experienced: (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Tomorrow when I have a high bandwidth connection. Till then, salivate. :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

Youre' description is to me what bells were to Pavlov's dogs... Pics? PLEASE?!?!!? "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G76q7H.Huu@lugnet.com... (...) A (...) PNLTC (...) for (...) request). (...) of (...) Force (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) I inhaled it long ago... I doubt there's any successful group that hasn't benefited from that primer. I know that when I give advice to groups (and I give it to a lot of groups) I point to it... It's a must read. ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact