 Trains / 9224
Re: Cleaning 9V track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 02:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
I recently unpacked some of my 9V track I had in storage and noticed that
some of the track has little orange specks on it.

  I've used that clear, yellow "Goo Gone" cleaner with some success.
(I was intrduced to it at the NMRA show, by one of the vendors of
track cleaning reailcars, so it seems to me that it works well on
brass rails as well.)

  Isopropyl ("Rubbing") alcohol can also help clean the track of
junk as well, but is harder on the nose.

     - Z-