 Robotics / RCX / 971
Re: Truck move along round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Zhengrong Zang writes:
I want to make a truck for my train scene, this truck is controlled
byRCX with two rotation sensors and two motors driven rear wheels, it
will move straight line, it will turn right 90 degree then go straight
when got message m1, turn left 90 degree then go straight when got m2,
stop when got m3, move straight when got m4.
I want to know if this is possible?!

Hi Z. ,

This will only be possible with limitations.

Because you will have several errors every round, you will lose your track
after some rounds.
This errors are given from (for example)
1. not at once stopping motors when the given value for the rotation sensor is
given and the motor is turned off (especially on a skewed surface)
2. slipperage from the wheels
3. correcting for driving straight (when exactly driving straight or driving
with correction (in little curves exaggerated) you will have the same result
from your rotation sensors, but drove different distances)
4. possible reading errors from the rotation sensors
5. ....
6. ....
.
.
.

The only chance for my opinion is to create a "HOME" for your truck to redefine
its location on your track.

Rainer