 Trains / 9217
Re: 12v Signals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:28:06 GMT

If memory serves me correct, on the rear of the switch there should be two
terminals.  When loking at the back straight on; the left hand side one
serves as the wire to the signal, and the right hand one is connection to a
special track piece in which one of the condictor rails is halved.  The one
leading to the signals is dependant on the polarity; if the wire is
connected up one way, when the red switch is pressed the red light appears.
If it is connected the other way, when the red switch is pressed the green
light appears.  With the special conductor rail, there are two that come
with the 7860 set.  these are placed a distance apart so that one side of
the conductor rail is isolated from the rest of the track. Wires are then
connected to one of the isolating rails, sonnecting back to the switch.  See
the following text diagram for an example:

                                                               signal light
                                                               ======|oo|
--------|------------------------------------------------------|--------------
      ^   ^
      |   |
      |   +----------
      +-------------- to switch

An example if the isolating rail can be seen at:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5085

I hope this is of some help

John Porter
South Australia

In lugnet.trains, Michael Pratt writes:

Hello folks...

I have a 12v stop/start switch with remote control
set number 7860.

Does any one know how to wire one of these up ?
I did not get any plans and there are none on brickshelf.
Michael Pratt