 Trains / 9180
Re: How to transport Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:10:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paulo Caparica Junior writes:
I had to take some models from my home to the office, some pieces fall off,
and it was not a very positive experience.
So my question is:
How to transport Lego? Assembled models, I mean.
I guess that people that show stuff at train shows must have something to say.

Well I think we all expect some collateral damage.  For me I just pack MOC's as
tightly as I can boxes then just make sure I don't tip the box (this end up
arrows help).  I will admit I used to worry a lot more about this than I do
now.  Now I just expect it and deal with it instead of worrying about it.  For
the most part it is just little bits like antenna or chimneys and those are
easy to fix.

I did have one major disaster once bringing stuff home but because I was
considering disassembling the model anyway it wasn't that big of a deal.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/