 Trains / 9214
Re: New Look for old trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:22:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John R. Clark writes:
Regarding the site layout: very clean, although thumbnails'd be cool from
the TOC page.

I have no idea at this time how to insert thumbnails on the TOC page,
especially using the simple "save as html" function within MS PowerPoint.
Perhaps I can edit the html file and achieve this addition of thumbnails on the
TOC page.  I'll try.

Also if possible, perhaps the navigation links in the show
could be moved to the upper left, so it's not necessary to scroll each slide
to reach them.

I think the simple "save as html" function does offer this choice.  I'll try it
out.

Thanks, a lot for the suggestions.

Regarding the models: Disgusting. I hate you. You're a complete knee-biter.[1]

I do not think I have ever been called a "knee-biter" before.

Sincerely,

Rick Clark

[1] It is hoped that the utmost repect for incredible and often ingenious
modelbuilding is conveyed with these comments.

Uh, thanks? ;-)

Next on the menu...ankles?

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
I have put together a look layout look for several of my train creations.

I have tried to pair my model made of LEGO bricks with photos of their
real-life counterparts.

I welcome any comments and criticisms regarding organization, presentation,
content, download times, etc.

Thanks for taking a look.  Here's the link:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/train_portfolio/index.htm

This presentation was generated with Microsoft's PowerPoint application, and
then converted html using PowerPoint's built-in "save as html" function.

later,
James Mathis