 Trains / *8969 (-100)
  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

At this point I don't have the sensor hooked to an RCX due to the fact that Santa hasn't brought me one yet (hint hint Santa). I currently have the sensor hooked into a Crestron Control system ((URL) The sensor is hooked to a digital I/O port that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) Well I can think of a couple reasons why we went with 4 wide tables (40.25"x40.25"). 1. It was more economical. If we were to do 3bp x 6bp you only get one table out of a 4'x8' sheet. This way you get 2 tables per sheet. 2. We liked the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

Hello fellow AFOLs and train guys, The michigan lego train club is to participate in the upcoming GATS train show January 13-14. We hope to have a layout of atleast 16x23'. We will have pictures as soon as we finish the show. THIS IS OUR FIRST (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk train windows & doors

(...) Thanks for the message. Interesting and at a verry affordable price. Now hoping for the (2875 sloped brick 45 2x6x2/3)kind of train roof pieces, and the fun of building our own cars can begin . regards, Ludo (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) used. I was nice to see some validation of using 4 baseplate wide tables. My table will be the same except my individual modules will be 2x4 baseplates square instead of 4x8. I'm hoping to transport the modules with the Lego on them, and I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Are 9V trains alive?

(...) I hope youre right. I would like to see more kind of points, and a return to the first 9v train models (and some 12V models where great too !). I hate those new models (4560/4561 & 4559). I bought some for the pieces but i don't build them. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

James, Are they directly wired to the RCX or is there a resister in series. BTW where is the web page on the electrical specs of the RCX and home brew sensors? I can't remember. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Chris, Another great little sensor for train detection, via Radio Shack, is the little photo sensors they sell. I put them inside of a 2x4 technic plate and then snap them face up on the track. This way they use the omni light from the room as the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  reed switch w/2^n series resister

Chris If I understand correctly you can add a series resister to each reed switch using the formula r=2^n*R. Where n is the number of each switch (1,2,3...) and R is some resistence value that is friendly to the RCX. This way you can add several (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) This is a great idea. I will talk to Chris about it and we can try and document it with pictures on the NELUG site. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I know I didn't get a close up because my camera stinks for close ups. I think Chris may have gotten some but he hasn't uploaded his pic's just yet. If we don't have one now, we are having a meeting in a couple weeks and we will make sure to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) 1) take a section of straight track. 2) take a light gray 2x4 plate and place it so that it spans the 2-stud gap between two of the ties. 3) imagine a very thin silver piece lying on that. That's it. Most of the people I talked to about it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Wonderful info! If I could be so bold... On the PNLTC web site we have articles that discuss various building and other techniques. This reed switch discussion and design review would make a great article (with some pics & schematics) for NELUG! (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Is there a photo that clearly shows the sensor in a fairly tight closeup so that it can be judged how obtrusive/invisible it is? I skimmed through many of the photos posted by you, Dave, and Tim but did not see one, although I may have missed (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I might just add that while this was a bit over my head it work extremely well and the sensor itself was very small and unobtrusive. It was a non-LEGO solution but I loved it and recommend it. I think with some reworking it may even be (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

As has already been reported by others, I built an automated railroad crossing for the NELUG train display at last weekend's Greenberg show. I wanted to take a moment to describe the "homebrew" sensor that I used to detect an approaching train so (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) We kept some trains on tails of track, mostly running two at a time. But there was a short train we occasionally ran on the outside loop with the commuter rail... when it was parked, there was an engineer climbing into the locomotive. When it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Bulk train windows & doors

Don't know if anyone has already posted something about this but noticed just now that these are now available through shop.lego.com. I only check the online shop for my own country, so who knows they might have been available in other countries for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

"Jim Bonczyk" <jbonczyk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3a2c5825.413650...net.com... (...) They had a very limited supply. A single call in order depleted their stock entirely. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

(...) When I was vacationing at Walt Disney World in Florida last October, the Lego Imagination store in Downtown Disney was selling this small set separately. 'jim (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) I think most of the stygma comes from what people either remember building when they were kids or what their own kids build with what is probably a much smaller assortment of parts then what most of us have to work with. For some reason the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) blast! It's great to hear that so many people were interested in your layout and the whole LEGO Train theme as well. LEGO has been making trains for decades and it's funny how few people know about it, especially model railroad fans. On an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - finally got it!

Here's some pics on brickshelf. Sorry that they are blurry, the digi-cam I have dosen't seem to do well at close range. (URL) No modifications where made on the switch! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

"Gianluca Morelli" <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:G522uG.8CG@lugnet.com... (...) essence of those daft-looking vehicles. Huw (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G529C8.3n1@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) in (...) they (...) they (...) They are just loose and liable to fall out if the building is tipped. But that doesn't happen easily or often :-) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  5 wide sports car

After building and modifying Gianluca's 5-wide Testarosa to fit a minifigure (with no roof and a driver, it looks a bit too toyish, but it's possible :), I was inspired to come up with my own 5-wide sports car. It started out as a Lamborghini Diablo (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general) !

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) knew there was something funny when the guy I got it from had me meet him at the dock,and had the car sitting on the deck of the ship from the Launch and Load Seaport. :-) Tom D (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Huw- I'm not a big train fan, although I am incerdibly impressed by the shed and it's surroundings and interior. I love the fence, I hadn't ever thought to use the ropes like that (although you can be sure they'll turn up in something like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Overhere (Sassenheim, Netherlands): Vliko-bak Duq "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4yxHv.G53@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

The NELUG web page has been updated with Thumbnailed pictures and a report on the show and some of the storys we had from the show. I am sure I missed some of the stories but I am sure others can add their stories here. Anyway no need to repeat what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - finally got it!

Very cool, Steve - glad you got it to work, and I'm looking forward to the pics. I've never tried rotating the motor vertically - doh! That allows the motor torque to be shifted to a different plane than the switch throw, so you won't have to use (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) Hmmmm.....It seems to me that I've already seen that yellow car on the right,next to the phone box :-) (URL) "8wide" Morelli PS: need some help? Look here: (URL) here for building instructions: (URL) I'm really happy to see my creations in the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

"Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com> wrote in message news:G4z8Dt.I17@lugnet.com... (...) nope. It's fixed. It is offset by 1/2 a stud. (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

Check out some more raw pictures from NELUG's adventures in train-ing this past weekend at the Greenburg Train & Toy Show: (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) Well... Ummm... Yah thats it. (...) Uh. Yah. The first day we had no serious accidents but on day 2 the Metroliner made the trip twice. Admittedly we were running the trains slower on day one. My theory that a slow train gives little ones and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) No, but it does answer that UK signalbox=US tower ... As I suspected. So what do the UK call the little trackside electrical enclosures, then? ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train

(...) I really like the way my steam engine turned out. Considering I limited my self to primarily red pieces, with trim in white and green, I think it turned out pretty well. I've discovered that the key to a good looking model is the proper (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Gianluca Morelli <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:G51nEr.GD4@lugnet.com... (...) incredible! (...) a lot (...) I'll take some better pics of the lathe, while its not in-situ. It seems to have generated quite a bit of interest. Huw (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Christmas Train

(...) Nice, Adrian! I've yet to try holiday theming with trains. I tried to build a replica of that Hallmark Christmas Ornament from 1995, but that's about it. Kevin (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G51Gn9.4Lw@lugnet.com... (...) electrical (...) enough (...) These days signal boxes are rarely seen, now its all computerised. However there are a few manual ones left, I think, on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Huw,I'm speechless!!! The amount of good details you succeeded to put in *only* 6wide is incredible! I'm really impressed by it all and expecially by the back yard (I enjoyed a lot the details,there)...and the CNC lathe is incredible..... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) What happened in pic 13? I thought the plane crash in yesterday's (saturday's) pics, with all the emergency vehicles clustered round, was interesting... Was this more of the same, a metroliner crash? That outside track is "awf'ly" close to the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) How about the one in the background of: (URL) ,behind Foxcote Manor. I have a article on its rebuilding, if you want :) Does this answer as to how big/what Huw is thinking of making? James (The Eurotrash guy) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) How big are UK Signalboxes??? In the US they're waist high little electrical enclosures, no bigger than a refrigerator in most cases, often small enough to mount on a telephone pole. 3 or 4 bricks in grey should do you! Signal Towers or (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - finally got it!

Yippy I finally got it! I have created a motorized switch track that ran 100 switches via RCX without tearing the housing apart or missing firing! After 100 I got tired of counting and I just stopped it, so it might go for several hundred. It sits (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Third Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Here are some third day pictures. Details and web pages due in a couple days. (URL) Kingsley (...) Exit (...) Road. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Christmas Train

I haven't dabbled much into MOC trains thus far, but I decided that my Christmas tree layout needed a little extra something. To that end, I created a nifty train, driven by santa, and hauling lots of presents for all the girls and boys. It's on the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday) !

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Thanks for sharing it with everyone. -- Richard (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG Train Show Pictures

Here's some more pictures of the NELUG train show this weekend. (URL) show was a blast! Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute significant amounts of brick, but perhaps next time. The models on the layout were amazing, and the layout was a hit at (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general) !

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G50DoH.6A8@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Ben for your comments, and to everyone else. It will encourage me to start on the next model ASAP. Probably a matching signalbox (but I'll have (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Tim David" <Talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G50A6x.JKu@lugnet.com... (...) I look forward to that. That'll be green with yellow stripes/writing, if my memory serves, then. Huw (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G4zy4r.F2v@lugnet.com... (...) Absolutely. I shan't be taking it up to the ScotFest by 'plane, though :-) Huw (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop - general train question

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message news:002501c05cca$7f...default... (...) even (...) it (...) When I was a lad I used to travel round the UK visiting locomotive sheds, then later on, wagon yards/works. So, yes, it is sort (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4yxq3.Gt7@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) something Well I never... Actually, the doors are 10 wide, so there'll be no problem. Huw (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Cool work Huw! This is the best detailed work since the georgeous "Spamcake Diner" a few months ago and in my eye even nicer (since more train lelated). (URL) Godt! Ben (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Ver nice Huw, its good to see some british models on Lugnet (no offence to anyone else, just i can relate to them more) i'll have to finish my bardon hill quarry hopper that you inspired me to do tim (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:G4yH9C.1oM@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) but (...) Excellent Huw, Looks like we are moving in the direction of a decent UK lego train layout at next years legofests at last regards (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G4z98v.KA4@lugnet.com... (...) Steve, please try with this demo code (in NQC). I think the "trick" is in the 100 ms output pulse length. task main() { // configura sensore touch su porta 1 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Huw, The shed structure itself is amazing without the attention to detail. But the details really give it a life-like feel. Congratulations on a great model and hope to see more "departures" of this kind. KK (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) Nope, set 5305 is just the connecting wire. I think they are still in the dogalog (hmm...perhaps not...) Try S@H for them. James (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brick in page 10 of #7777

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message news:3A29B95F.271CD1...aol.com... (...) or (...) The 'sticks' keep the tipper bucket in place, they fit between studs so the bucket hangs [1]. When the bucket is 'tipped' it rotates around one (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) You can also use black eleectric tape. Put tape where you want to separate the tracks and then snap the track back. I've been doing this with my layouts with no problem. (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) The best type of sensor for this is the mindstorm light sensor with a LEGO light. You put the light sensor on one side of the track and on the other side put the LEGO light. (LEGO Light package #5310 cost 5.5 at S@H) For best result use a 1x2 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: general train question, resources

Larry & All, (...) attracts (...) try (...) well (...) 5 (...) of (...) about (...) example, (...) (URL) (...) before (...) it's (...) :-) I do remember that, too bad I could not retrieve my e-mail when I left AEI, it just says it is corrupt. Thanks (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) I made a design that used a clutch gear and fit into a house. It worked very well when the switch was "warm" but wouldn't always trip it when it had been sitting for a bit. But it allowed the throw arm to fully though the switch one way or the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Try this: (URL) On! John Matthews (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(URL) pic is finally all the NELUG memebers at the show explaining at the same time, "Yes LEGO has been making trains for over 30 years!" All kidding aside, it looks great! I love that the entire table is covered in studs. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Carlo, I built this version (see link below) and still the motor tears itself of the plates, once the gear teeth ride up on the top of the rack teeth. If I reduce the power level thru the RCX then there isn't enough torque to overcome the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Anyone know this address? Still hammering on solving this one! SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Great tip, I never thought about using multible pulley/rubber bands! A big problem is the detent, the two at rest positions are very "sticky". Naybe more then multible rubber bands can even move. I'll give it a try. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

"Tom Cook" <cook_thomas@csi.com> wrote in message news:G4qwqF.9Ip@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) the dorr on this model slide open and closed? If so, how? (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) This stuff you've built is awesome, it must have taken quite a bit of time to plan this all out before committing the idea to brick. I myself am slowly rebuilding my LEGO empire, now if I could only win the lottery! (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Wow. How cool is that!? <grin!> Rick Clark (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brick in page 10 of #7777

Of course, the question is begged, what are/were the two small sticks for, or what do they mate with? I'd be surprised if they were purely decorative... And then, why were they removed from the part recently? Anyone? Rick C. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

What do you think these people are looking at? (URL) here are some quick day 2 pics. Once again these are unedited. I will sort through them later and make an official page. (URL) those into more detail and closeups you might want to start at the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) Well we hope to see you there too. Day 2 raw photos comming momentarily! For anyone that is on the fence please try and make Sunday its a blast. Eric K. (...) here (...) first (...) website. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  general train question, resources

(...) There are a LOT of resources, prototype railfanning is a hobby that attracts the detail oriented and packrats among us. It can be overwhelming... but try these links: www.nmra.org - National Model Railroad Association. not strictly proto but (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:G4yH9C.1oM@lugnet.com... (...) in the building, it makes a creation more 'alive'. Great work! (...) I (...) but (...) I've been experimenting with some buildings to add to my railway (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop - general train question

(...) oldie (...) in (...) I will have to chime in here as well, I agree with Larry this is right up there with Eric's train station, it as that "real" look to it. My wife even noticed it and said it was really neat, did the person who made that (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) *if*, not when, and a very big if, I'd say. Stipulating, though... Why, oh gosh, oh no, what will he do? Rebuild it with wider bays, I guess. Who would have thought that you could rebuild something using Lego? :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) American Translation: Dumpster :-) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) What will he do when TLC starts producing 8 wide train cars? -John (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Dumpster, no? -John (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G4ypC9.L59@lugnet.com... (...) guy (...) That's the one. We can them rubbish skips here. (...) On the prorotype they don't -- it was the best way to get the angled ends. Huw (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) What's a skip? Is that the green trash container thingum that the blue guy is rooting through? I didn't notice before -- the ends fold down -- neato! (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) I'm not exactly sure about your setup (I'm not into trains), but how about a small pulley (half bushing) on the motor, driving a medium pulley (with the six holes) on an axle on whose other end is an 8t gear that drives a rack. That setup (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) Your idea sounds similar to something Tom Cook and me worked on a while ago. Take a look at : (URL) had a simpler setup though - 1 track, to be used for 2 way traffic, and two stations. We also wanted to run 3 trains, so one train had to be (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G4yIyw.5rw@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. My favourite detail is the skip :-) Huw (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4yM2w.CLE@lugnet.com... (...) Just there to add 'randomness' and a feeling of wear/weathering. Perhaps a lesson I have leaned from LEGOLand models, such as the wall of the German (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G4yJ9H.6FC@lugnet.com... (...) do (...) In the UK it's about the size of a small shed you'd find at the end of a branch line. Huw (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3A295484.E35135...est.net... (...) that (...) Olympus C2000, native 1600x1200 resized to 800x600. Huw (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) cool, look at detail X!"... This one is right up there with Eric Brok's train station model, I think. (for those who haven't seen it, it's an oldie but a goodie... (URL) select models, trains, railway station (last under "dutch railways") in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

Hello, I don't have any 9V trains; but I'll probably be geting the 4561 (Blue Express Railway) for either Birthday or Christmas (December birthdays suck!). Anyway, I'm really fascinated with ATO and subway/metro/rt technology... I've come up with a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Sure...Wow. Quite nice. Not as big as I had thought (You don't have MRJ do you? Look at the guy who did Laira MPD...beautiful work...) It reminds me more of a goods shed than of a MPD, for the size of it. I can think of a few that have been (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) I love it all, but I think the drill press and lathe are genius!!! --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Wonderful model, Huw! And that's just the half of it. The detail is equally impressive as well. It is great that as more bulk pieces become available, models such as yours will become more and more possible. Also, I am impressed with the clarity of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(URL) model is something of a departure for me. Normally I build wagons and locomotives, but never get round to building any 'railway infrastructure'. I have been dreaming of building a decent sized 'loco-shed' for some time, but it wasn't until the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Wow! Looks super. I hope Todd and I can make it over. Some great buildings in there. fun! -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact